Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America
NACA seeks researchers with a personal and professional commitment to social and economic justice, strong work ethic, relentless pursuit of success, an open attitude and comfort pushing forward in ambiguous and uncertain situations are essential. The ideal candidate will have at least a BA or BS degree (though an advanced degree is preferred) and experience in the field of corporate campaign research, academic research, investigations and/or financial analysis. S/he is expected to have all or many of the following personal characteristics and professional experiences:
* Experienced with corporate campaign research, investigations, and/or financial analysis and with a proven record of using strategic research for accomplishing campaign objectives and results.
* Detail oriented, well organized, ability to work under pressure, ability to work independently with only general supervision and be adaptable with being receptive to change.
* Experience using strategic research for accomplishing campaign objectives and targeting solutions to problems with a proven ability to create strategic research products that are concise, targeted, and bold.
* Understanding of print, broadcast, and online media and the intersection between research, media, and policy.
* Demonstrable focus, resilience, and the problem-solving skill to develop solutions under challenging circumstances. The judgment, maturity, and savvy to meet aggressive deadlines and ambitious goals.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills, tenacity, and emotional intelligence, including a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and continually shifting environment.
* Skilled communicator with impeccable writing skills as well as an ability to synthesize and translate complicated information into clear, compelling language.
* Keen analytical skills, including the ability to think critically, make decisions, and justify recommendations based on data and analysis. Willingness to think entrepreneurially and creatively where necessary for success.
* Have enthusiasm for a determination to achieve NACAs mission of community advocacy and economic justice. A willingness and commitment to participate in NACAs aggressive advocacy, campaigns and activities.
* The willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Some national travel is expected.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelors degree Required.
Graduate Degree Preferred.
Training and certifications that demonstrate important knowledge and credentials - Preferred.
$40,000 - $65,000
Researchers must be able to meet the demands of the job that consists of 50+ hours a week. This is a demanding position requiring dedication and the willingness and ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. Some national travel is expected.
Headquarters Boston Massachusetts
HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent single/family health, vision and dental PPO, 75% employer contribution, PTO, Life Insurance, and 401k.
APPLY FOR POSITION
Job Description PDF
data analysis, economic research, training, policy, writing, financial analysis, problem solving, organization, analytical skills, education, academic research, matlab, statistics, latex, qualitative research