Medical Equipment Planner at Nemours
Posted in General Business about 4 hours ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
As one of the nations leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Medical Equipment Planner position provides expertise in planning and specifying of medical equipment for projects for in-patient and outpatient healthcare facilities. The position identifies, evaluates, and recommends equipment to be purchased for large and small renovation projects and new healthcare facilities.
* Researches emerging technology trends and develops relationships with vendors to remain current with latest technologies.
* Identifies, evaluates, and recommends equipment to be purchased for large and small renovation projects and new healthcare facilities.
* Assesses condition of existing equipment and makes recommendations of re-use vs. replacement with respect to age, condition and compliance with equipment standards.
* Conducts user group meetings to determine and verify medical equipment needs.
* Develops and coordinates deliverables to include, but not limited to, medical equipment lists and drawings; equipment plans, specifications, and utility schedules; equipment budget and lead times.
* Works with architectural, engineering, and technology consultants and contractors to review project drawings, identify and note design/equipment conflicts and work to resolve
* Develop and manage schedule for procurement and installation.
* Work with Purchasing and Project Manager to procure equipment
* Updates Equipment Budget regularly as costs are confirmed and provides to Project Manager; manages to approved budget; escalates changes and projected budget overruns in timely manner
* Manages the delivery and installation of equipment for projects; coordinates with Project Manager and attends the construction meetings to understand progress and orders equipment to meet schedule.
* Effectively communicates equipment planning information to all project stakeholders to allow for successful project execution and completion
* Supports multiple projects simultaneously, engaging and managing equipment planning consultants as needed and approved to balance workload
* A minimum of five (5) years experience in equipment planning and design in a healthcare facility or similar facilities required; Clinical background a plus.
* Solid knowledge of hospital construction and healthcare equipment.
* Knowledge and understanding of safety issues surrounding medical equipment. Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
* Experienced and proficient with a wide range of computer programs, including CAD, REVIT, spreadsheets, project management and scheduling software and equipment planning software.
* Proven verbal and written communication skills and success in dealing with clinical teams and high-level administration.
* Proven ability in developing and maintaining relationships with management, peers and subordinates and skilled in resolving conflicts and gaining cooperation with others.
* Proven experience in planning, organizing, administering, coordinating, reviewing, evaluating and personally participating effectively in the management of equipment design, procurement, and installation in healthcare construction projects.
* Skilled in effectively and professionally representing the department in a positive manner. Skilled in working in and creating a team atmosphere.
* Must have knowledge of various codes, procedures, etc., that apply to hospitals such as NFPA 99, Facility Guidelines for the Construction of Hospitals and Outpatient Facilities, NFPA 101, etc.
Bachelors degree in related filed.
Clinical background a plus. Significant healthcare construction project management experience may be considered in place of a baccalaureate degree
Significant medical equipment planning experience required. (more than 5 years of job related experience required)
This job will require: Heavy use of e-builder, Microsoft project or other scheduling software, Lawson, Excel Spreadsheet
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
purchasing, procurement, engineering, scheduling, microsoft project, construction management, microsoft excel, project management, microsoft word, research, planning, organization, cad, vendors, completion