Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin is seeking a Marketing and Design Intern to work alongside our Marketing and Operations team. You will assist with a variety of marketing and branding related projects.
The successful candidate is organized, proactive, and able to manage a wide range of tasks. Professional level communication skills, strong decision-making abilities, and attention to detail are required. We are looking for someone resourceful, driven, and efficient while delivering high-quality work. This opportunity is a summer internship with a possible extension through the fall semester.
* Assist with the development of marketing collateral materials, including light copywriting and simple graphic design
* Assist with the development of marketing\branding work related to company presentations
* Facilitate content-creation for social media and website
* Assist with coordination of product-related artwork, source images and copywriting by the development team
* Assist with planning and coordination of company and industry events
* Manage an inventory of physical and digital marketing materials and assist with documentation of marketing-related efforts
* Assist with social media campaign creation and post calendaring
* Assist with company community outreach strategy and plan development
* Participate in team meetings on larger PR/Marketing projects to assist the team in conception and creation of product, brand and marketing efforts
* Maintain company photos and video archives
* Collect and prepare press clips and coverage reports
* Support a variety of ad-hoc marketing projects as assigned
* Recent graduate/currently enrolled in a college or university towards a degree in Marketing or Graphic Design
* Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite. All applicants must include a link or attachment to your design portfolio for consideration.
* Be a solid communicator and an experienced self-starter and eager to learn
* Ability to adapt creative designs across a variety of platforms, including print, Web, social
* Ability to multi-task, think on your feet and move quickly from one task to the other
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Solid proficiency with various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Reddit, etc.)
* Applications must include a cover letter to be considered
* Must be able to work 20-25 hours per week
* A passion for gaming
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in Austin, TX.
The intern/student/recent graduate will be responsible for housing costs and relocation if needed.
social media, facebook, event management, digital marketing, communication, copywriting, brand development, twitter, instagram, creativity, web content, branding, linkedin, campaigns, strategy