Happy Neighborhood Project
$0 an hour - Internship
The Happy Videography Intern will be responsible for documenting and editing videos of the work that TEDx speaker and Chief Happiness Officer, Edwin Edebiri and his team are doing in the neighborhood.
Edwin Edebiri founded the I Am Happy Project, a non-profit that teaches happiness as a skill, now in 64 cities, 19 countries, with over 70,000 members. In 2014, the United Nations recognized his work on global happiness and together they created an annual International Day of Happiness celebrated on March 20th. In 2015 Edwin founded the Happy Neighborhood Project and it is experiencing a lot of growth.
The ideal intern lives in the Sacramento county and wants to help our mission to spread happiness by documenting and sharing our work in the community. The Happy Videography Intern has a positive outlook and is excited about gaining experience in storytelling, branding, business, non-profits, by shadowing Edwin and his team. Finally, this ideal person is someone who has experience with videography and editing videos to be posted on social media platforms.
Nominated Business Innovation Award by the Sacramento Business Journal, Happy Neighborhood Project is a registry of happy businesses. We define a happy business as a business that is committed to great customer service and encourages a positive work environment. Although almost all businesses think they are doing that, thousands of customer service problems still happen each day.
Happy Neighborhood Project holds our happy businesses accountable through feedback from customers and employees. We also make it easier for our customers to find happy businesses that will take care of them. Our goal is to humanize the review and feedback systems.
* Be a part of a fast paced and fast-growing company- Nominated Innovation Award by Sacramento Business Journal and PBS released company segment
* Develop experience in business, non-profit, and storytelling by shadowing TEDx speaker and Chief Happiness Officer, Edwin Edebiri and his team
* Opportunity for a full-time employment in 3-4 months
* Ability to work from home/remotely
* Ability to travel up to 50% to video document and capture the work of the team
* Must have a happy and positive outlook
* Thrives in a startup, fast growth, and dynamic environment
* Have reliable car to travel to the team
* Experience in videography and editing
Key Job Functions:
* Video document and capture the work of the HNP team at different events, settings, and interviews
* Video edit captured footage to be posted on social media platforms for engagement
* Schedule and post content on various social media platforms
* Develop new and engaging content ideas to increase awareness and exposure
Unpaid, opportunity for full time employment in 3-4 months
Job Type: Part time internship 20-30 hours/week, opportunity for full time employment in 3-4 months
***Qualified candidates will receive an initial phone screen call within 7 days from application submission date. If performed well, they will move on to an in-person interview.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
* Video Production: 1 year (Preferred)
* Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
* Other forms
* Remote/Work from home
* On the road
social media, video editing, video production, videography, storytelling, music videos, microsoft excel, customer service, event management, microsoft outlook, interviewing, web content, non-profit fund development, branding, travel