Graphic Design Internship - Fall
Sporting Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
The Sporting Kansas City Graphic Design Intern holds a temporary position within the Marketing Team, with an emphasis on educational training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization for a professional sports organization. The Intern will gain valuable experience working with the Marketing Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
The Graphic Design Intern for SKC Creative assists in providing direction for the creative side of the Marketing Team by developing and executing creative concepts and branding, ensuring the organization is consistent and communicating a cohesive message through all channels of organizational and public facing entities.
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. The intern must be receiving college credit for their time spent interning with Sporting Kansas City.
Interested applicants must email cover letter and link to their creative portfolio to Cortney Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Assist the Marketing Team in graphic and web design, as well as assist in providing creative assets.
* Assist in maintaining the Sporting Kansas City online presence.
* Develop documents for business collateral and design general materials to represent Sporting Kansas City.
* Create the design for presentations, partner communications and public relations communications.
* Provide creative solutions for any visual challenges.
* Maintain the Sporting Kansas City brand by studying the target markets and competitors.
* Continue to grow and expand the brand, maintaining quality and consistency amongst all entities and partners.
* Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
* Perform other related tasks as assigned.
* Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
* Excel working in a team environment.
* Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Deadline driven.
* Strong use of critical and analytical thinking processes.
* Creative and artistic mindset.
* Unwillingness to settle for good enough.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strive for perfection.
* Passionate about the design process.
* Outgoing and personable.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* College junior or senior currently enrolled in a design program at an accredited institution.
* Provide proof to receive credit through the internship toward the completion of a degree.
* Minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
* Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
* Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
* Provide a brief portfolio (PDF or link to on-line portfolio).
* Applications without portfolio will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
adobe photoshop, graphic design, adobe indesign, adobe creative suite, website design, branding, motion graphics, creativity, collateral, adobe creative cloud, creative solutions, web, microsoft office, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word