PR Intern - Brand
Atlanta, GA 30309
PR Intern - Brand - (191023)
Practice Area Brand
The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the account teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Basic understanding of principles of PR
* Basic understanding of clients business
* Participation in brainstorms when invited by the supervisor
* Read and identify media clips from clipping services and on-line resources
* Assist with monitoring client competition coverage
* Pitch the media under the direction of the supervisor
* Assist with preparation of press kits for distribution
* Update media lists
* Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
* Familiarity with AP style
* Draft pitch letters and/or email pitch memos to vendors with the approval of the supervisor
* Conduct and compile research
* Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
* Basic understanding of research and media list building tools (Factiva, Edge, etc.)
The intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts. S/he must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills. The Intern is generally someone who has recently graduated with a Bachelors degree and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Familiarity with the Public Relations discipline through past coursework or other internships is desirable.
Intern candidates must have interest in the public relations field and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Ages 2019 A-List; the Holmes Reports 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoors Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Client Services - Consumer
Primary Location United States-Atlanta
Job Type Internship
Job Posting Jun 5, 2019, 1:50:23 PM
public relations, advertising, writing, strategic communications, ap style, sports, press kits, media list building, factiva, written communication, pitch letters, written and verbal communication, pr, research, brand development