Graphic Design Intern
AIM Institute, Inc.
$15 - $18 an hour - Part-time, Internship
Graphic Design Intern
AIM is looking for a Graphic Design Intern to bring an elevated level of visual creativity to our marketing and events team. This position will be mostly event-specific, focusing on a variety of design elements to use in our marketing plan for HDC 2019. (The Heartland Developers Conference (HDC) is the regions longest running software design and development conference.)
HDC is all about combining the latest in technological developments and education with hands-on-fun. This year, AIM is relaunching a reimagined HDC with a new look and feel.
The ideal intern is a motivated and tech-savvy individual who is passionate about great design, branding, social media, guerilla marketing, having fun, innovating and engaging the community. They will assist in the design of social media graphics, emails, posters, event signage, branding, t-shirts, stickers, and more.
This position begins in June and runs through our HDC conference, ending on September 6, 2019.
Candidates should have a design portfolio that showcases their style and experience.
* Attend marketing and corporate meetings
* Hold a regular schedule of hours, working in the office at least 3 days per week
* Provide graphic design support for tech event promotion, including but not limited to design work on branding, e-mails, social media graphics, posters, t-shirts, and flyers
* Some undergraduate studies that include Photoshop, branding, and design principles
* Or a completed degree in Graphic Design or similar field
Skills & Abilities:
* Attention to detail
* Innovative and creative personality
* Fits AIM culture and serves as an example of AIM virtues: bold, engaging, strategic, tech-savvy.
* Willingness to learn and grow
* Tech-oriented and up-to-date on current design trends
AIM is a not-for-profit membership organization with impact. AIM provides a variety of services in the community to build, connect, and inspire the IT community. The culture at AIM is one of its best assets. It is a supportive, fun, and innovative environment with a passion to assist businesses and economic development everywhere we go. Our people are what distinguish us in every community we do business.
Discover more about AIM, including our culture, mission, benefits, and other postings.
AIM is an EOE/M/F/D/V.
adobe photoshop, graphic design, posters, branding, flyers, motion graphics, creativity, signage, social media, marketing, event management, organization, cooking, software development, attention to detail