Political Affairs Internship (Unpaid)
The Borgen Project
The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 12-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The internship is for 12 weeks and responsibilities will include leading public and political outreach in your state and district.
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
* College credit available
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.
We respond to every applicant within 14 days. Please check your spam folder for our emails and if nothing has been received, please email us.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Hours per week:
fundraising, political science, writing, political campaigns, event management, foreign policy, legislation, outreach services, innovation, public, congress, oral communication, media, poverty reduction, focus