Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Executive Assistant is a vital extension of the President to our employees as well clients, community stakeholders and political representatives and must be able to handle themselves with professionalism. To be successful in this position, you must be capable of drawing on your experience, judgement and abilities to keep the office of the President running smoothly.
Once on board, you will work with the President to stay updated on executives priorities on a daily basis and manage her complex schedule and calendar. Identify potential conflicts and make recommendations for resolution. Communicate calendar changes to those affected in a timely manner and confirm appointments. Prepare daily file packet with calendar and required materials for each workday, including pre-purchasing parking passes for meetings when needed. Work with the President to coordinate or manage projects such as employee events, presentations, research, community sponsorships and marketing budgets. Prepare contracts, invoices and other corporate documents for her signature. Take initiative to respond to requests and support the President with required and useful information. Initiates and answers correspondence and/or phone calls in the name of the President. Maintain well-organized electronic and manual filing systems. Maintain organizational and client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Plan all aspects of employee events, such as communications, venue, seating, dining, technical requirements and guest list. Manage and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, directing event setup, organizing vendors and managing takedown. Maintain a working relationship with vendors and venues. Attentive to the value of staying within budget while planning event specifications. Examples of events include employee summer family event, holiday party, occasional employee lunch or breakfast events, new employee meetings with the President, employee recognition gatherings.
Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years proven experience as an Executive Assistant or other relevant administrative support experience. In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office suite. High School Diploma/GED is required. Bachelors degree is preferred.
Other key competencies and capabilities necessary for success in this position include:
* Must be able to positively represent the office of the President with outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills; have a professional demeanor and presence.
* Organizational sensitivity and utmost confidentiality.
* Basic mathematical skills, e.g. averages, percentages.
* Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications, employing appropriate use of the English language, including grammatical correctness.
* Ability to efficiently manage priorities in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
* A proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills and ability to exercise independent judgment.
* A passion for events and event planning; strong project management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail with strong emphasis on thoroughness, accuracy and follow up.
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
* Possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
* Demonstrated proficiency in computer software applications, including Word, Excel, Google Suite & Outlook.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional overtime.
* Some local travel may be required.
* Other duties as assigned.
research, customer service, microsoft excel, event planning, microsoft word, event management, english, organization, microsoft outlook, marketing, project management, drawing, budgets, problem solving, filing