KTRK - TV Programming and Marketing Intern - Fall 2019
Job ID 684505BR Location Houston, Texas, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Jun. 28, 2019
KTRK-TV Programming and Marketing Intern - Fall 2019
�??�??KTRK-TV is an ABC owned television station (OTVS), located in a state-of-the-art facility in Houston, Texas. ABC13 (KTRK) Houston�??s news leader is one of the most technically advanced television stations in the country. The station is a champion of innovation and is at the forefront of the changing media landscape. Our offices and studios are located in the Greenway Plaza area.
The internship program is designed to provide students with an on-site educational experience that complements their academic studies. Interns will have an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market, television station.
A day in the life�?�
Some of your projects with the KTRK-TV Programming and Production team may include:
* Assist Producers, Directors and Photojournalists with executing all aspects of the broadcast and digital story-telling process
* Assist producers and directors with creating original content weekly for broadcast and social and digital platforms.
* Work on a variety of programming, long format and digital and social media projects.
* Opportunity to assist on producing/shooting live and taped field stories, studio newscast production, and live special event programs.
What you bring to the role�?�
* Pursuing a career in television/media field
* Comfortable juggling multiple projects at once
* Be a strong researcher, writer, and communicator
* Strong attention to detail and writing skills
* Ability to shoot and edit video
* Passion For News
* Flexibility and Ability to Multi Task in a Fast Paced Environment
* Majoring in Journalism, Digital Media, Radio, Television and Film, Mass Communications
* Taken a class in Digital Media/Journalism
* Experience shooting and editing video
* Experience working with Premier
* Currently enrolled as a College student in your Junior or Senior year, obtaining your undergraduate degree
* Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
* All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
* All candidates must be at least 18 years old
* All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, classified as a Junior or Senior with a minimum GPA 3.0
* All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
* All candidates must be receiving college credit for this internship, and provide that confirmation in writing at the beginning of the internship
* All candidates must be available from September - December
* All candidates must be available to work 20 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
* All candidates must be able to work in the Houston office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
* R�sum� (outlining all of your required qualifications)
* College transcripts (official or unofficial
* A Cover Letter outlining your interest in this position, and relative experience in work, school, and extracurricular activities - Also please include online links to samples of any previous on air or production work
To upload these documents:
* Log into your Dashboard
* Click the second tab "Attachments"
* Select "Submitted Applications"
* Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript/cover letter/resume/etc.
* Click the "Add Files" button
* Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"/or type of document you are attaching
* Be sure your document is titled appropriately with your name and type of document in this format: First Name_Last Name_Transcript
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney�??s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
KTRK Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
social media, editing, broadcasting, radio, journalism, writing, digital media, film, broadcast television, producing, premiere, television production, media & entertainment, tv production, news