US - Bend/en-US/Lonza_Careers/job/US---Bend/Pharmaceutical-Engineer_R16300-1/apply
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, Ramp;D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.nbsp;
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Lonza Pharma amp; Biotech has an open position for a Senior Pharmaceutical Engineer to join the Product Development team at our location in Bend, OR.nbsp; This is an excellent opportunity to join a group of scientists and engineers which focus on the product development of oral solid dosage forms.
As a Senior Pharmaceuticalnbsp;Engineer you will be responsible for both customer-based product design and development, as well as the internal development and progression of lead technology areas. You will routinely design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, and communicate and present results to both internal and external research and development teams.nbsp; You will apply scientific fundamentals in a hypothesis-driven environment to guide and support the development of methods, formulations, and processes needed to promote product success at all stages of the product life cycle.
As a Senior Pharmaceutical Engineer you will be able to work both independently, and as part of multi-disciplinary teams.nbsp; You should possess a continuous improvement mindset, and demonstrate excellence in matters of safety, science, operations, and quality.nbsp; You will be a leader seeking to meet on-time deliverables of your highest quality, and a team-player supporting the success of your colleagues, peers, and organization.nbsp;
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Lead research and development activities in collaboration with clients and internal technical teams to define strategy and execute work plans
* Apply knowledge of pharmaceutics plus chemistry, material science, and engineering to solve challenges around: safety, drug delivery, formulation, analytics, and manufacturing
* Design, execute, review, and interpret experiments to make decision recommendations toward the product development strategy
* Adhere to scientifically-sound practices; including both model-based and risk-based approaches to research, design, development, scale-up, and technology transfers of formulations, methods, and processes
* Communicate technical information to internal teams and/or clients in the form of oral and written correspondence, presentations, and reports
* Serve as technical expert in specific area(s) of expertise, and mentor colleagues and peers in applicable skills
* Support products throughout clinical development and/or commercial manufacturing activities
* Prepare written documents such as standard operating procedures, memos, reports, and technology transfer documentation
* Evaluate instruments, equipment, processes, and systems to improve safety, quality, and performance
* Entry level Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, or
* M.S. with 3+ years of experience, or
* B.S. with 5+ years of experience related to pharmaceutical formulation development
* Proven technical skills in problem solving, analytical techniques, data gathering, and interpretation
* Ability to perform tests and modify techniques where required for a range of chemicals, formulations, and dosage forms
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to lead, train, and direct activities of a team toward time-sensitive deliverables
* Work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly collaborative, scientifically-driven, team-oriented, and customer-focused environment inclusive of research, development, and GMP manufacturing
* Understanding of pharmaceutical regulations, industry guidelines
* Knowledge of GMP practices is preferred
* Experience in advancing oral drug products through late stages of clinical development is highly desirable
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. nbsp;The place to Go, Stay and Grow.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR16300
Lonza is one of the worlds leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. We harness science and technology to create products that support safer and healthier living and that enhance the overall quality of life.
Not only are we a custom manufacturer and developer, Lonza also offers services and products ranging from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from the vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural products, and from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
Further information can be found atnbsp;www.lonza.com.
Return to Job Listing here.
engineering, manufacturing, continuous improvement, product development, gmp, instrumentation, technology transfer, product design, chemicals, supplier development, standard operating procedure (sop), leadership, microsoft word, chemistry, problem solving