Product Engineer Intern (#44-19)
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Assist with the creation and fabrication of 3D models of prototypes and final product designs using Cad (SolidWorks, Pro-E, MasterCam, or AutoCad ) and or 3D modeling equipment.
* Assist with the creation of assembly drawings using Cad (SolidWorks, Pro-E, MasterCam, or AutoCad ).
* Assist Engineering team with N.P.D folder on each assigned project; which includes adding and updating project folder with up-to-date information, files, and data.
* As assigned, may consult with Manufacturing and Sales departments to ensure that program follows established standards.
* Support Project Engineer on managing project schedules and product costs.
* Work in a team environment with Planning, Cost Accounting, Quality, Manufacturing, and Marketing.
* Able to convey technical concepts effectively through written and verbal communication.
* Assist Camshelving Design team with designing floorplans consisting of Cambro Shelving product line and creation of proposals.
* Work with team on development of Book of Answers documents for specific assigned products.
* Travel may be required (up to 5%) to and from the Skylab facility.
* Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
* Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
* Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
* Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
* Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
* Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
* Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
* Understands departmentrsquo;s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
* Other duties as needed or required.
* Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Completed or working towards a degree in the Engineering field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs)
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel required.
* Technical writing
* Average knowledge of Solidworks or other CAD software a plus but can be trained.
* Certificate in CAD would be a plus but can be trained
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting, repetitive use of hands, ocassional walking, standing, and bending of the neck. May also occasionally require carrying and/or lifting of up to 10 lbs.
autocad, manufacturing, solidworks, cad, project engineering, product design, mastercam, pro-e, assembly, probability, microsoft excel, microsoft word, sales, training, marketing