Engineering Support - Intern
IGT Reno, NV
Posted 13 days ago
Apply on Company Website
Other Great Industries
Engineering, Entry Level
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The WAP (Wide-Area-Progressive) Engineering Support intern will help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our products infrastructure. This position will be part of the WAP Operations team that rely on high levels of technical competency to deliver mission critical customer facing infrastructure at the highest levels of system and network availability, performance, and security.
* Gain experience supporting enterprise network, application, and system components in a 24x7x365 technical support environment
* Develop skills to communicate with engineering support professionals who specialize compute, storage, network, and security
* Assist in performing infrastructure builds, installation of server hardware, and application software
* Assist Network Engineers with current projects
* Assist in network, application, and compute troubleshooting
* Assist in updating user and technical documentation
* Gain hands on practical experience of supporting enterprise level servers and a corporate network infrastructure
* Develop planning, organizational and time management skills
* Develop team-based work competencies
Skill Set Prerequisites:
* Enrolled in a Computer Science or Information Systems program or an equivalent degree with zero (0) years of work experience and a GPA of at least 3.0
* Knowledgeable of IT functionality, computer systems, engineering disciplines, and computer systems network topologies
* Knowledgeable of OS installations, application software, computer hardware/software setup and installation, and virtualization
* Proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications specifically Visio
* Ability to multi-task in a challenging and dynamic real-time support environment
* Must possess strong analytical skills; ability to perform with minimal supervision; possess good organizational and project management skills; strong oral and written communications skills.
Keys to Success
Building collaborative relationships
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 1426
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this Job.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive. Leveraging a wealth of premium content, substantial investment in innovation, in-depth customer intelligence, operational expertise and leading-edge technology, our gaming solutions anticipate the demands of consumers wherever they decide to play. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
* Reno, NV 89503
View Company Profile
computer science, microsoft office, microsoft word, leadership, project management, troubleshooting, computer hardware, time management, visio, technical support, virtualization, energy management, servers, storage, technical documentation