Internship - Accounting
The Accounting Intern may support several accounting related functions such as General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost Accounting or other accounting and finance related functions as needed.
This individual will be responsible for duties including but not limited to filing, copying, journal entries, account reconciliations, payment posting, invoice processing, report preparation and generation, and other accounting functions as required. The Accounting Intern is a quick learner, independent, good communicator, and positive worker that demonstrates a willingness to learn and grow as an accounting and finance professional.
* General Accounting:
* Completes bank and/or account reconciliations.
* Performs filing as needed of various financial documents.
* Prepares journal entries, account updates, and maintenance in SAP accounting system.
* Collates and copy financial data as requested.
* Generates financial reports in SAP or other accounting systems.
* Creates and prepares various financial support schedules.
* Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable:
* Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness.
* Records documents in SAP by vendor account.
* Processes invoices for payment via check, ACH, wires.
* Completes daily cash reconciliations to report cash inflows and outflows.
* Maintains SAP master data for Vendors and customers.
* Other Accounting/Finance duties as required:
* Communicates frequently with internal departments and other Kao affiliates for clarifications and follow-up.
* Fields questions with external vendors or customers to answer questions and/or confirm details.
* All other accounting and finance duties as needed.
* Ability to work immediately or 40 hours for Fall 2019 semester
* Actively pursuing Accounting/Finance degree
* Proficient use with MS Office suite applications
* Excellent communication and organization skills
* SAP or other accounting system experience preferred but not required
financial reporting, finance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sap, communication, journal entries, cost accounting, organization, cash flow, filing, accounts payable & receivable, reconciliation, invoice processing, quick learner