The individual in this position, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, will assist the pharmacist in the efficient and accurate preparation, dispensing and delivery of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
This individual will be a pharmacy student and the specific duties and responsibilities of the interns involvement is directly related to their academic standing or year of professional education.
* Under the supervision of a pharmacist.
* Reviews and interprets orders for inpatients and outpatients to ensure the appropriateness of dosage and to determine the significance of potential drug-drug interaction.
* Prepares and dispenses appropriate amount of inpatients and outpatient medication.
* Conducts medication rounds and prepare IV additives using aseptic techniques.
* Monitor selected patients therapy with pharmacokinetic analysis of therapeutic drug levels to ensure effective therapy.
* Participate in educational programs and projects designed to improve the clinical and operational components of the department.
Required: Actively enrolled in an accredited college/ school of pharmacy and demonstrating progress to completing the program.
Preferred: Prior experience
Required: Registered Pharmacy Technician license. Pharmacy Technician certification (both based on state requirements)
Primary Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Facility: Brookwood Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
pharmaceuticals, pharmacokinetics, inpatient, medication administration, iv, aseptic technique, drug interactions, analysis, certified pharmacy technician, dispensing, clinical, pharmacy, medication therapy management, pharmacology, immunization