Blood Donor Aide & Interviewer
Continental Services Group
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Continental Services Group is looking for ambitious, hard-working and detail-oriented individuals to join our team as a Blood Donor Aide and Interviewer. Your job would be to help interview and process blood donors visiting our blood bank. EMT certification is a plus. Were looking for someone who has exceptional customer service skills, works well with our small fast-paced team of aides, has an eye for detail when reading, and is seeking a full-time position that has opportunity for growth.
Continental has been in business for over 46 years and is a private for-profit blood banking company. We service pharmaceutical and research companies all over the world, and our product is used for research and diagnostic testing materials. With two centers, one in Fort Lauderdale and one in Miami, we provide our blood donors with quality customer services.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
* Taking the blood pressure, pulse, temperature and other vitals of our donors
* Asking all FDA-required questions to make sure each donor is eligible and safely processed
* Ensuring donors hematocrit levels are up to FDA standards
* Assigning donors to a specific section of our complex list of products
* Answering any questions or concerns blood donors may have during the process
* Youll also have the potential to perform phlebotomies after you have learned the donor processing stream; this often will occur approximately 9 months or longer after initial employment
* If you have had previous phlebotomy experience, we will work with you to best suit your skills with our needs and yours
Ideal Candidates Meet the Following Requirements:
* Must fluently speak, understand and write English
* Must have proficient computer skills
* EMT certification is a plus
* May have previously demonstrated exceptional customer service in another work environment
* May have a background and interest in the medical health field
* Being bilingual - Spanish and English - a plus
What You Can Expect from Us:
* Youll Be Treated Fairly- We are a family-owned and operated company, and we consider each of our employees as part of our larger family. We operate and make our decisions based on merit, qualifications and performance.
* Youll Be Challenged- We hold very specialized and several regulatory licenses, which means our work environment is constantly evolving as agencies continue to update and improve their standards.
* Youll Be Provided with Benefits- After a probationary period, you have the option to part take in the health insurance we provide. You also will have the option to start a 401k, all expenses of setting up the account covered by us. Youll also have access to profit sharing.
What We Expect From You:
* Communication - We feel this is the most important aspect of any job. You must be in communication with your supervisor, and make sure they are familiar and in agreement with your everyday tasks.
* Timeliness - Everything we do-from shipping out specialty products to scheduling specific donors-is on a schedule. While we are very flexible in terms of time off and scheduling, we operate on the assumption that our employees will be timely, and if necessary, gives plenty of notice of their future absence.
* Team Work - Our operations, testing and systems are complex and multifaceted, so we expect you to work well with our current team members-from those in the lab to those in administration-to ensure we work most cohesively.
* Flexibility - We have two centers: our home office in Miami, and a second in Fort Lauderdale. We expect that if necessary, you are willing to work at either location, in the case of an emergency. Your gas and time would be compensated for a short period, if we ask that you work in a station that is not your home station. We also expect that youll be willing to jump in anywhere in the office where we might need you.
* Willingness to Learn - While we expect youll come in with a variety of basic skills, we ask that you come also knowing youll learn a lot here.
Salary & Benefits
* Competitive salary within the field. Final determination will depend on experience level and qualifications.
* Profit Sharing - Fully funded and invested.
* 401k - All administrative and investment fees are paid for by Continental.
* Health Insurance - A majority of the insurance fees is paid for by Continental. We can talk to you about what kind of plan will work for you and your family.
* Life Insurance Policy - We offer a life insurance policy for each of our employees, and this cost is covered completely by CSG.
About Continental Services Group Inc.
We are an FDA-licensed company that has been in business for over 45 years. We provide blood components and other biological raw materials to our customers, who use the material for the further manufacturing of in-vitro diagnostic products. The vast majority of the product we sell is used for manufacturing test kits and controls, which are used in hospitals around the world. Holding some of the industry's most specialized certifications, we draw the blood and other raw material from a wide base of donors, a majority of which repeatedly and consistently visits every 56 days. This repeat-donor base allows us to provide extensively tested and unique products to the pharmaceutical industry.
Continental has been an FDA licensed facility since 1971, holding multiple city, state and federal licenses, and has been ISO certified since 2003.
research, policy, spanish, communication, customer service, microsoft word, teamwork, english, microsoft access, major donors, community outreach, fundraising, event planning, volunteer management, community organizing