# Senior Accountant
Under general direction, ensures accurate and timelymonthly financials,
balance sheet reconciliations and analysis arecompleted. Ensures team members
areproperly trained on essential job functions.
**_ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS_**
* Compiles daily and/or monthlyjournal entries with full supporting documentation.
* Reconciles assignedbalance sheet accounts in Blackline, including bank accounts.
* Ensures assignedfinancials are produced accurately and timely.
* Prepares roll forwards.
* Effectively coordinatesand communicates with internal and external operations or customers to researchand resolve discrepancies, out-of-balances, disputes, and charge backs.
* Prepares monthlyfinancial fluctuation analysis.
* Responds to inquiries andrequests from managers and directors.
* Processesinvoices and prepare check requests.
* Assistsin the audit and tax processes.
* Assistsin preparation of the annual budgets.
* Searchesfor ways to improve efficiency and assists with process improvement.
* Maintainsand update accounting policies and procedures.
* Assistsin analyzing trends.
* Trains and assistsaccounting team with questions, processes and system requirements.
* Notifies management ofany issues or possible issues of fraud.
* Completesall required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
* Adheresto company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
* Performsother related duties as assigned.
* Bachelorsdegree or equivalent experience in related field.
* A minimum three (3) years ofexperience in the accounting and/or finance fieldrequired.
* No supervisory experience required.
* This position does not include anysupervisory responsibilities.
* Thisposition does not require licenses or certifications.
**_SKILLS & ABILITIES_**
This position requires the capability to understand andfollow both oral and
written directions as well as knowledge and usage ofcorrect business English
and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others,
analyze and resolveproblems, maintain effective working relationships, and
interact successfullywith internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limitedto the following:
* Computerproficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals.
* Proficientin time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
* Abilityto take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
* Ableto establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
* Abilityto interpret and create spreadsheets.
* Ableto use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
* Stronganalytical and problem solving skills.
* Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task toanother of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or establishedtimeframes.
* Advanced math skills.
**Primary Location: **US-Nevada-Las Vegas
**Work Locations: **
**Organization: **Diamond Resorts Holdings, LLC.
**Shift: **Day Job
accounting, microsoft excel, auditing, accounts payable, budgets, finance, analysis, microsoft outlook, spreadsheets, reconciliation, balance sheet, compliance, blackline, financials, microsoft word