Entry Level Guidance Systems Engineer job in Pittsfield
Back to search results
Job Ref: 108631279
Employer: General Dynamics US
Country: United States
Post Date: 29/06/2019 10:35
Job Location USA-MA-Pittsfield
Required Clearance Secret
Posted Date 2019-03-20
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience). Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense secret security clearance is required within 12 months of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Guidance Systems Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
This individual will work within a Guidance Systems team performing analysis, design, implementation, and test activities as part of a system prototype development effort. Additional task include support of on-going Internal Research & Development (IRAD) activities in the area of inertial guidance. These tasks are related to activities in our Advanced Guidance Lab (AGL) and include guidance concepts, technologies, Position Navigation & Timing (PNT) tools and lab infrastructure. The selected candidate should also have good oral and written communications skills, and perform work assignments under minimal supervision, and support frequent communications within and across Integrated Product Teams.
* Must demonstrate a scientific background, a general understanding of Guidance Navigation & Controls, experience with MATLAB, engineering systems and the ability to further advance GDMS technology.
* Candidates must demonstrate passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of various engineering systems and the ability to further advance General Dynamics Mission Systems technology.
* Knowledge and understanding of electronics and electrical systems
* Operations of basic laboratory environments and equipment
* Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
* Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
* Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure General Dynamics Mission Systems services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
The preferred candidate should have the following basic qualifications:
* Understanding of LabVIEW
* Understanding of inertial sensors
* Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience
* Agile Method experience
* Familiarity with:
* Circuit design and analysis
* Closed loop control
* Estimation theory, filtering and data reduction
* Mechanical design and drafting
* Simulation and modelling experience
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
ABOUT GDMS PITTSFIELD, MA
Come work for General Dynamics Mission Systems in beautiful Berkshire County, located on the western edge of Massachusetts. The Berkshires are very family friendly with excellent schools. The housing market is very affordable compared to surrounding larger cities. General Dynamics provides exceptional salaries compared to other employers in Berkshire County which provides a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
The surrounding area is a cultural center for arts and theater, including established venues such as Tanglewood, Mass Museum of Contemporary Arts, The Clark and the Norman Rockwell Museum, to name a few. Berkshire County is also an outdoors' person's dream location, with multiple lakes, nearby ski locations, golf courses and even the Appalachian Trail. Being part of New England, western Massachusetts also boasts four distinct and enjoyable seasons, from the comfortable summer months to the colorful fall and pristine winters.
As a small city with surrounding rural towns, Pittsfield has a reasonable cost of living and relaxing short commutes without giving up modern life amenities. We are centrally located in the northeast, providing easy access to all of the attractions New England can offer, such as Boston and New York City which are both less than a 3 hour drive away.
The Berkshire are Calling!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
systems engineering, sensors, embedded software, agile methodologies, programming, infrastructure management, dynamic simulation, microcontrollers, satellite systems engineering, circuit design, embedded c, security clearance, defense, matlab, electronics