The Senior Auditor will serve as a member of a 12-person team of Realogys Internal Audit Department (IA). The Senior Auditor will assist IA management with meeting the strategic objectives, mission, and vision of a value-add focus internal audit function.
In conjunction with Audit Managers, the Senior Auditor will be leading the completion of IA activities relating to assurance and advisory engagements, internal and special projects, as assigned by IA management. Works principally with a team, but occasionally may work individually. Participates in IAs risk-based activities, which includes reviewing and critiquing governance, risk management, and internal control processes for financial, operational, and integrated audits.
Administratively reporting to a Senior Manager and functionally to an engagement supervisor, the Senior Auditor will work closely with IA audit team members, internal audit clients, other audit and compliance functions within the organization, and external parties where applicable.
The role is based in Madison, New Jersey with travel as required ( 20%). Must be willing and able to travel to all necessary locations, which may include overnight stays, flying, and driving to and from various office locations. Overnight stays involve mostly U.S. domestic travel and the occasional international travel.
MAIN ACTIVITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Auditor is expected to perform, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
* Completing all engagement planning activities and drafting all required deliverables (i.e., risk assessment and scoping, engagement memo, audit program, and detailed audit procedures) within the agreed upon deadlines.
* Ensuring that proper and timely audit planning is performed for each engagement assignments by:
* Conducting a risk assessment for the engagement and determining audit scope and objectives.
* Identifying and incorporating governance, financial, operational, compliance, information technology, or other relevant areas into the planned audit scope.
* Determining the nature, timing, and extent of audit testing required to satisfy the audit objectives and address risks and issues identified during the planning phase.
* Soliciting guidance from IA management as needed.
* Attending and/or leading audit team planning meetings and audit kick-off meeting with clients, including reviewing relevant meeting minutes drafted by junior audit team members.
* Completing specific audit procedures or tasks, as assigned by the engagement supervisor and/or IA management, within established target dates and engagement timeline.
* Conducting detailed process walkthroughs with relevant business owners.
* Drafting and/or reviewing business process narratives and documenting conclusions based on assessments derived from executing walkthrough procedures.
* Evaluating the design effectiveness and/or testing the operating effectiveness of governance and internal controls to ensure identified risk areas are appropriately addressed by management.
* Identifying and documenting audit issues as applicable e.g., financial statement exposures, internal control design and operating deficiencies, operational inefficiencies and/or opportunities for improvement.
* Managing the progress of the engagement, prioritizing the workload of the audit team, and identifying any necessary changes to the audit plan as the engagement progresses.
* Managing and supervising the work of all audit team members assigned to the engagement.
* Ensuring that all work papers are completed and reviewed prior to the issuance of the draft audit report.
* Maintaining an awareness of organizational, procedural, and technological changes that have occurred or will occur within the audit entity under review.
* Commenting on audit observations and risk identification for corrective action are presented and reported clearly and concisely.
* Preparing written reports such as weekly status report and audit report.
* Communicating timely with the audit team and audit clients; keeping engagement supervisor and/or audit clients informed of the status of the engagement.
* Supporting efforts to obtain management agreement regarding audit observations and risk assessment or ensuring that all differences are appropriately resolved or reported.
* Communicating effectively to audit clients the results of the engagement (both verbally and in writing), so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and well understood by the process owner.
* Completing and issuing the draft audit report on a timely basis following the completion of audit fieldwork. Finalizing and archiving engagement workpapers upon the distribution of the final audit report to management.
* Executing appropriate follow-up procedures on all outstanding audit issues related to engagement assignments; assisting IA management in monitoring remediation efforts to ensure reported audit issues are addressed by management in a timely manner.
Qualifications and experience required:
The following skills and experience are essential:
* Minimum of a bachelors degree, from an accredited college or university, with a major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field of study.
* Minimum of 2+ years in Big 4 public accounting experience and/or 4+ years in related audit, accounting, or finance experience.
* Applied advance knowledge and expertise in the use of accounting concepts, audit methodologies, risk-based auditing techniques, COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework, The IIAs International Professional Practices Framework, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, etc.
* Proven leadership skills ability to influence and motivate others to quickly achieve results.
* Team-oriented individual and able to work independently, when needed.
* Ability to multi-task and participate in concurrent engagements and/or projects.
* Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbally. This role will be working closely with various audit and compliance teams, internal clients, and other relevant internal and external parties.
* Sound business and technical acumen, with the ability to navigate a complex organization effectively.
* Ability to operate strategically while involved in the day to day tasks and activities.
* Ability to analyze complex business and technical situations, make informed decisions about appropriate corrective actions and convince others to act.
* Strong time, project, and team management skills.
Actively pursuing and completing acceptable professional designation is expected.
Realogy Holdings Corp
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is the leading and most integrated provider of residential real estate services that is focused on empowering independent sales agents to best serve todays consumers. Realogy delivers its services through its well-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens� Real Estate, CENTURY 21�, Coldwell Banker�, Coldwell Banker Commercial�, Corcoran�, ERA�, Sotheby's International Realty� as well as NRT, Cartus, Title Resource Group and ZapLabsSM, an in-house innovation and technology development lab. Realogys fully integrated business model includes brokerage, franchising, relocation, mortgage and, title and settlement services. Realogy provides independent sales agents access to leading technology, best-in-class marketing and learning programs, and support services to help them become more productive and build stronger businesses. Realogys affiliated brokerages operate around the world with approximately 193,600 independent sales agents in the United States and approximately 106,400 independent sales agents in 112 other countries and territories. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, N.J.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
internal audit, internal controls, accounting, sarbanes-oxley, finance, risk management, risk assessment, assurance, microsoft access, compliance, big 4, financial statement auditing, internal control implementation, reporting, leadership