Intern, Engineer - OEM Validation - Part-Time #19-885
Farmington Hills, MI
Alternate Posting Locations
Intern, Engineer - OEM Validation - Part-Time
Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the radio world and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
The Intern, Engineer - OEM Validation's primary responsibilities will be to execute hardware validation test plans for satellite radio receivers, primarily for OEM Applications. This includes Type Acceptance as well as DVP&R testing. The ideal candidate will have a provable track record of testing OEM module architectures and will have been directly responsible for executing comprehensive hardware test plans and generating standardized test reports and issues lists. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Primarily responsible for the execution of hardware validation test plans for SiriusXM Satellite Radio receivers.
* Perform/support formal on-site and offsite DVP&R testing of SiriusXM OEM modules for each phase of the product development process.
* Perform formal Type Acceptance testing on each receiver product at each phase of the product development process.
* Build/modify test stations as required.
* The candidate should be pursuing a bachelor's degree in a related engineering discipline.
* Relevant experience in automotive sound manufacturers (radio head units, CD Players, telematics systems, navigation systems, etc.); Mobile telephone systems; Satellite receivers or Automotive engine controllers preferred.
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
* The successful candidate will have an understanding of automotive OEM electronics product development process -- product planning, prototyping, specifications, testing, quality, documentation, etc. Effective past and current relationships with counterparts among automotive manufacturers is desired, but not required.
* Hardware circuit design knowledge in the areas of power supplies, RF and/or Audio amplifiers and microprocessors is preferred. The candidate should have familiarity with hardware-level debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, DMM, noise figure meters and network analyzers.
* Knowledge of OEM Automotive electrical and audio systems.
* RF and/or Audio fundamentals
* A high-level of personal computer proficiency is required.
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Type of Position
circuit design, microprocessors, microsoft excel, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, engineering, time management, product development, electronics, manufacturing, organization, microsoft access, oscilloscope, hardware, automotive