Intern, Software Test - Part-Time #19-882
Deerfield Beach, FL
Alternate Posting Locations
Intern, Software Test - Part-Time
Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the radio world and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
This is a position in the area of software testing that will require the ability to write and communicate clearly, and to respond quickly to changes in requirements and/or schedules. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a cooperative manner with marketing, software engineers and program managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with software engineers, program managers, requirements managers and other product stakeholders to understand product features and the full set of requirements to be applied to the software.
* Test partner head units for type acceptance to SXM user interface and protocol requirements.
* Assist in development of test management plans that will address all requirements, assign responsibility for testing of those requirements, and determine the resources and tools that will be necessary to carry out the plan.
* Generate standardized software validation test reports and user interface issues lists for communication of status within Sirius XM and to external partners.
* Collaborate with Sirius XM partners to resolve outstanding user interface software issues, and other issues, during the product development process.
* The candidate should be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering.
* Experience related to software testing, or otherwise working with computers or other electronic devices is desired.
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Scripting language experience is preferred (Ruby, Perl, Python).
* Experience with software testing of user interface or communication protocols.
* Experience or knowledge related to software quality assurance process is a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Type of Position
python, software engineering, computer science, perl, ruby, scripting, software testing, computer engineering, microsoft excel, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, public speaking, customer service, user interface design, program management