Intern, In-Vehicle User Experience Interface Design - Part-Time #19-911
New York, NY
Alternate Posting Locations
NY-1290 Ave. of the Am.-NY500
Intern, In-Vehicle User Experience Interface Design - Part-Time
Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: New York, NY
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the radio and streaming worlds, and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
The user experience design team is seeking an intern to assist us in enhancing our customer experiences for our streaming and in-vehicle applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist the user experience group in developing sketches, wireframes, designs and presentations.
* Perform market research and competitive analysis for the streaming and satellite radio teams.
* Help prepare discussion guides for user testing and take notes during testing sessions.
* Test unreleased versions of streaming and in-vehicle players to ensure conformance with requirements.
* Review and error-check UX and UI design documents.
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
* HCI or interaction design major preferred. Computer science or visual arts majors with an experience design focus also welcome to apply.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good project management and planning skills.
* Good personnel management skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to pay attention to details.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Familiar with SiriusXM Programming.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Knowledge of UX Design and workflow software (Sketch, Zeplin).
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and After Effects.
* Knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of the music streaming landscape.
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Type of Position
user interface design, user experience, adobe photoshop, interaction design, user experience design, wireframes, adobe creative suite, experience design, sketching, adobe after effects, art, ui design, user experience testing, ux design, visual arts