Mechanical Designer/Engineer - Entry Level
Henderson Engineers in Overland Park, KS, USA
At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in retail, sports and recreation, education, corporate, and hospitality.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Lenexa, KS office as a Mechanical Designer/Engineer working on things like
* Technical design and quality control on assigned projects - Retail, Restaurant and Grocery to name a few
* Running HVAC load calculations and select equipment
* Assisting in the production of construction documents (drawing and specifications) for new buildings, renovations and additions to existing facilities
* Creating and maintaining project schedules
* Providing coordination of project designs with other disciplines
* Maintaining positive client relationships
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you
* Have a degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering
* Have, in lieu of a degree, possess at least 2 or more years of closely related building systems design experience
* Completed a relevant internship in building systems/MEP (preferred)
* Have the ability to perform accurate load calculations
* Possess successful verbal and written communication skills
* Are proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit (preferred) - or have the passion to learn!
* Have the ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
* Flexible Work Hours ( Because we all need to balance work and life.)
* Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
* Paid Volunteer Time ( We literally pay you to volunteer.)
* Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
* Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
* Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership ( Our doors are always open.)
* Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
* Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
* Paid Training for Professional Development ( Well pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
* Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
* Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance ( Weve got you covered.)
* Paid Term Life and Disability (Weve got your family covered, too.)
* Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
* 2014-2017 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail )
* 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
* 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
* 2010-2016 Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report
* 2008-2018 ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2018: #142)
* 2018 ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
* 2017 Mixed-Use Project of the Year/Best Project Sports/Entertainment (ENR Texas & Louisiana) Dallas Cowboys Ford Center at the Star
Building Design + Construction
* 2018 Giants 300 Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm, #2 Retail Engineering Firm, #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
* 2010-2017 Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide
* 2016 Giants 300 Ranked #8 Engineering Firm, Ranked #6 on Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide
* 2017 Giants 300 Ranked #7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked #34 on Top 60 Construction Management Firms List
* 2017 Ranked #2 on Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List
* 2011-2018 Top 20 MEP Giants List
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
* 2018 Ranked #7 on Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List"
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
* 2018 Ranked #6 on Top Retail Design Firms of 2018 list
Kansas City Chamber of Commerce/Healthy KC Workplace Wellness
* 2017 - Platinum Level Healthy KC Certified (Highest Level)
* 2016, 2015 - Gold Level Healthy KC Certified
Kansas City Business Journal
* 2006 2007, 2009 2018 Finalist Best Places to Work"
* 2009, 2010, 2014 Champions of Business
* 2014 Hall of Champions
* 2015 2016 Healthiest Employer
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.
Posted date: 12 hours ago
autocad, mechanical engineering, system design, revit, electrical design, calculations, mep, mechanical design, microsoft excel, leadership, integration, construction management, training, hvac, quality control