HVAC Tech School Intern from Johnson Controls
About the Job
What you will do
Johnson Controls invites you to apply for our controls technician internship located in our Pittsburgh, PA branch. This internship is designed to provide you with a positive work/training experience and a chance to work with our full-time technicians on various tasks. Specific identified internship responsibilities are outlined below.
How you will do it:
Under the guidance of full-time technicians the intern will accompany Service technicians on troubleshooting and preventive maintenance service calls on multiple customer sites. You will assist in troubleshooting and resolving basic HVAC mechanical, electrical and controls problems.
* Confirm proper control system operation.
* Review system alarms, failed points, and actual values deviating from setpoint values.
* Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
* Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment.
* Completes administrative tasks including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
* Communicates with the customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
* Follows all safety standards and attends required safety training. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
* Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. technical college
* Pursuing a degree in HVAC
* Available to work 40 hours/week
* U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
About JCIs Internship/Co-Op Program:
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
2. North Carolina
Full Time, Employee
hvac, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, electricity, electrical controls, mechanical, subcontractor supervision, test equipment, autocad, cad, project engineering, solidworks, engineering, mechanical engineering, commissioning