Interior Design Intern
StudioSIX5 in Austin, TX, USA
studioSIX5, an Austin-based interior design firm specializing in senior living communities, is looking for dynamic and qualified Interior Design Interns to join our team. Our firm creates environments that celebrate life for senior living communities throughout the continental United States, and seeks someone who can contribute to our practice and our service to seniors.
Our ideal candidates are the best in their field. They are bright, talented emerging professionals with the desire to be in a creative and collaborative office. Individuals in this position will work in a team on multiple projects simultaneously, so the ability to handle pressure, stay organized, and multi-task is important. Candidates should also have a strong sense of self-accountability, high attention to detail, and sound judgment.
This entry level role acts as an assistant to the Design Resource Coordinator and the Design Teams to expedite tasks. This role prepares project marketing boards and assists Design Teams with AutoCAD/Revit drafting and rendering. The Intern supports the Design Teams in ordering and receiving materials for projects, managing sample returns, archiving projects, design reselections and other design related tasks.
Measures of Success:
* The design team provides positive feedback on level of support.
* A well-organized updated resource library with everything in its proper place.
* Accurate materials are ordered on a timely basis to expedite the design process.
* Exceptional communication, collaboration and multi-tasking abilities to ensure tasks are completed on time and correctly.
* 95% utilization rate and works scheduled hours on a regular basis.
* Maintains the library to ensure the most current samples are available.
* Meets and assists product vendor reps with updating samples.
* Maintains all resource library information in the proper locations.
* Empties return bins and returns materials to proper location in library on a weekly basis.
* Updates vendor materials to ensure everything is current.
* Orders and receives sample materials.
* Prepares project marketing boards.
* Coordinates finish schedules and binders.
* Assists Designers with archiving projects.
* Assists in accurate AutoCAD/Revit drafting and rendering.
* Other duties as assigned by Design Resource Coordinator and Design Teams.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to learn and support the team.
* Ability to be proactive, use initiative when needed, and maintain a positive attitude with a resourceful approach.
* Advanced computer skills to include AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
Experience / Education:
* Zero to Two (0-2) years of experience in an Architectural/Interior Design firm is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture and/or attending University in a CIDA accredited Interior Design Program.
* Hourly, Non-Exempt
* Varies depending on PT or FT position
* Some evening and weekend may be required as needed
Posted date: 16 hours ago
autocad, interior design, sketchup, revit, rendering, adobe creative suite, architectural design, architecture, finish, creativity, bluebeam, drafting, adobe creative cloud, microsoft office, microsoft excel