Fall Global Sponsorship Operations Knowledge Management Intern at Save the Children
Posted in Science about 5 hours ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
With the support of the Global Sponsorship Operations (GSO) Manager, the intern will work to address a number of key Knowledge Management areas that impact the work of GSO with an eye towards identifying problems and creating repeatable, effective, and efficient solutions for identified problems. The intern would lead (with support from GSO Manager) on key knowledge management projects that are both Country Office (CO) facing and internally facing. Examples of key projects include: creating a condensed field version of the Sponsorship Policies and Procedure manual, strategically thinking through knowledge sharing on CO internal portal, and helping to develop a strategy for moving all Sponsorship Operation files over to the cloud.
What Youll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Create a condensed field version of the Sponsorship policies and procedure (P&P) manual: The P&P is the foundation of Sponsorship. This is a rather lengthy document with many links to templates, guidance, and examples. Although all sponsorship staff are expected to read the entire P&P, there are many parts of the P&P more relevant for the Sponsorship leadership. When in the field, it is important that field staff (conducting everyday operational tasks) have quick access to our policies and procedure. Rather than skim through the entire document, we would like to create a pocket guide for field staff.
Re-organize the CO portal on OneNet to include access to shared practices and documents across sponsorship: the CO portal on OneNet is a site that all Sponsorship offices can access to find key templates, guidance, contact lists, etc. We do not yet have a repository to save and give access to Sponsorship COs best practices and shared learning. We would like to create a page within OneNet and a strategy for updating the page to capture relevant shared learning documents from COs that implement Sponsorship.
Shift all GSO files from the N drive to OneDrive: All sponsorship files are currently saved on the shared N drive. As the Agency pushes us towards the cloud based platform, OneDrive we would like to consider organizing all N drive files and creating a strategy to move the files from N drive to OneDrive.
Sponsorship Operations and Marketing Community of Practice: GSO created a created a Workplace group to in order to provide a social platform where our Sponsorship colleagues can share, learn, chat, and ask questions. The Workplace group has been slow to take off and we would like to reconsider our strategy for its use and implementation as well as think more critically about how we in Global Sponsorship can use the platform to encourage open learning and sharing.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
* Create a condensed field version of our Sponsorship policies and procedures manual.
* Work directly with Sponsorship COs to understand from them the most critical pieces of information to be included in the condensed field guide.
* Re-organize the CO portal on OneNet to include access to shared practices and documents across sponsorship.
* Create a strategy to shift all GSO files from the N drive to OneDrive.
* Take an in depth look at our Workplace strategy for shared learning and propose any changes or revisions to the strategy to better encourage sponsorship staff across the globe to use it.
* Must be an actively enrolled undergraduate student or have graduated within 6 months of start date
* Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Currently eligible to work in the U.S.
* Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills (ability to synthesize and condense information into easily readable material)
* Knowledge of SharePoint platform
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as a team member
* Well-developed communication skills across all cultures, both written and verbal
* Please attach a resume and cover letters to application
* International development experience preferred
* Experience creating and editing SharePoint sites.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Strong detail orientation.
Whats In It for You?
* Structured learning and development program
* Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
* Highly collaborative and innovative teams
* Networking program with managers across the organization
* Flexible schedule
* A family friendly work environment
* The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world
* around the world
Classification: Paid Intern
Part-time: 20 hours per week
Dates: September 24 to December 6, 2019
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children every day and in times of crisis transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Childrens policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
sponsorship, editing, organization, writing, microsoft office, microsoft word, leadership, marketing, interpersonal, organized, written and verbal communication, event management, facebook, social media, sports writing