Network Engineer Internship (Charlotte, NC) at Allstate Insurance
Charlotte, NC 28202
About the Job
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Network Engineer- Intern
As a Network Engineer, you will be specifically knowledgeable in enterprise network technologies including Routing/Switching, Server Load Balancing, Wireless, and/or Network Management technology. They will also have some understanding of the interaction between Network and other technologies including Voice, Windows, UNIX, SQL, Oracle, Citrix, and VMWare. The Network Engineer understands networking standards, and is able to apply them in support of business needs within the Allstate environment.
* Plan, manage, and execute complex network system changes in support of customer requests (Request Center, Deployment)
* Support network teams in project Design Review Meetings to clarify project requirements, design solutions in accordance with standards, create CRE estimates, document, and lead solution in coordination with project manager and other assigned resources
* Manage efforts to test, debug, and analyze performance, and document network hardware and software technology components
* Assist with efforts to implement network hardware and software technology components by analyzing the current environment using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of network hardware/software
* Resolve complex or critical incidents, logging and communicating issues and resolutions.
* Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods
Your internship may be in 1 of the following areas: Network, Storage, Virtualization, Server, Client Computing, or Voice.
Target Start Date: May/June 2019
* Pursuing an undergraduate level degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum in information assurance, computer science, mathematics, computer engineering or other technical field, or the equivalent verifiable work experience.
* Basic understanding of IP addressing
* Experience with analyzing or building Cisco routing and switching networks
* Programming experience, preferably with perl.
* Able to follow processes outlined by engineers to perform administrative functions.
* Ability to write detailed guides or documents, per direction of an engineer.
* Detailed oriented individual with good interpersonal skills.
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers and our employees in Good Hands�.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
* #8 on InformationWeek 250 Most Innovative Users of Business Technology 2015 Information Week
* Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 ConnectEDU
* Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2012 Computerworld magazine
* 50 Happiest Companies in America 2013 - CareerBliss
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands�.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
2. North Carolina
Charlotte, NC 28202
Full Time, Employee
networking, microsoft windows, programming, switches, vmware, routing, virtualization, hardware, microsoft access, wireless, computer science, citrix, cisco, storage, san