Marketing Internship Program - Chinese Required
United Innovation Services
San Mateo, CA
About Silicon Valley Internship Program: The Silicon Valley Internship Program is hosted by United Innovation Services. Candidates applying for this position will be viewed by, and have the opportunity to interview at, dozens of start-ups and well-known companies throughout the Bay Area. These companies span across industries including Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Blockchain, Health, FinTech, and BioTech.
We are hosting this program in the heart of Silicon Valley to expose participants to the inner workings of some of the most exciting companies in the world. Every company in this program will be sending representatives for weekly discussion panels, giving our interns exposure to a wide range of impressive companies and industries. In addition, interns will participate in an Interview/Public Speaking workshop designed to improve communication and overcome stage fright.
Selected candidates will be unpaid interns for 3-4 weeks as they learn essential skills, participate in discussion panels, and attend workshops designed to enhance your interview, communication, and public speaking skills. In the final week of the Silicon Valley Internship Program, interns will have the opportunity to discuss with their employer a part-time or full-time paid position. Upon completing this program, all participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from their host company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Promote products and technology through website and social media
* Translate product information and web content into Chinese
* Test and analyze product potential in the Chinese market
* Shadow company executives, contribute to discussions, and understand the inner-workings of Silicon Valley company
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
* Pursuing a Bachelors degree
* 1-2 years marketing experience preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
* Bilingual in English and Chinese is required
* Strong writing skills in both Chinese and English for the development of market research, product translations, web content and material
* Excellent verbal and communication skills, able to convey ideas in meetings or present in front of groups
* Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing
* Experience with Adobe design software, graphic design and/or printing workflow is a plus
About United Innovation Services: United Innovation Services provides customized solutions for US companies looking to penetrate the Chinese market. UIS guides companies every step of the way while offering access to our vast network and abundant resources. Since the beginning of UIS, a total of $300,000,000 USD has been raised for projects incubated by UIS.
Partnered with industry leaders such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft, GSV Labs and SAS; UIS focuses on technology parks, incubators, accelerators and venture capital operations; UIS brings to the table more than a decades worth of experience that has supported the business development and location selection for well over 100 companies in the fortune 500 in 40 countries.
social media, communication, market research, web content, chinese, adobe, public speaking, microsoft word, marketing, editing, writing, english, organization, business development, graphic design