Software Engineer Trainee
Fort Worth, TX
The Information Technology (IT) Maximo Chief is responsible to the Quality Manager for the overall performance of the Maximo System and any related peripheral software systems and interfaces. These responsibilities include serving as the customer liaison for IT, ensuring data in Maximo is current and accurate, interfaces are run on time, aircraft configurations are uploaded for new aircraft and/or changed for current aircraft as required, reports are run and required, reports and dashboards are created or updated as needed and new modules are configured and added as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serve as main point of contact for Maximo software needs
* Serve as a help desk point to assist users with needs
* Create dashboards and reports as needed
* Perform audits of the data to ensure that the data is complete and accurate, correcting any data that requires correction or update
* Ensure that all aircraft are properly configured in the system
* Ensure that logistics fields are updated as required in coordination with the Logistics Team. This may include, but not be limited to, setup of new part data, establishment of min/max quantities for reorder point of pre-ex, setup of inspection kit Maximo data pulls, creating efficient streamlining of parts movement, and establishment of cycle count program for inventory control
* Work with the Quality Team to ensure Safety Management System interfaces with Maximo and that training matrix and program and loaded into Maximo
* Work with Maintenance Team to provide meaningful dashboards and reports for the efficient scheduling of maintenance and building of inspection packages and load OEM manuals so that maintenance tasks will print for assigned work
* Work with Business Management Team to extract data from Maximo for CDRL reporting and/or other customer reporting needs and ensuring that Maximo records hours by aircraft and passes those hours into the payroll system for the efficient reconciling of hours by aircraft to hours paid and invoiced at the Employee Name level
* Work with Procurement for efficient use of Maximo for efficient requisitioning, ordering, status reporting, and shipping & receiving of parts
* Travel may be required
* Position requires proof of US citizenship
* Position requires successful completion of DHS Background Investigation and DoD Secret Security Clearance
* All other duties as assigned.
Although there are no direct supervisory responsibilities, this position will be work with all groups within the CBP AAR Contract and provide guidance and direction for all IT related systems and interfaces for Maximo.
* Commitment to company values and ethics by "Doing it Right"
* Dependable, personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
* Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
* Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
* Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
* Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
* Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
* Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
* Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
* Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
* Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
* Communication: excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
* Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities.
* Organization: very detail oriented yet can maintain big picture perspective, comes prepared.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree (BA) from four-year college or university - Previous Maximo development experience required. Strong interpersonal, and communication skills required.
* Masters degree preferred.
* Current or Previous held FAA issued Airframe and Power plant (A&P) certificate and Inspection Authorization (IA) certificate preferred.
* Good working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environment characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
software engineering, teamwork, organization, information technology, security clearance, python, algorithm development, opengl, programming, android development, perl, postgresql, machine learning, computer science, eclipse