Lead Data Modeler
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, were fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, were better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. Were seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Actuarial IT Lead Data Modeler will oversee the development and design for a complex program as well as provide technical and work guidance to the team. This role reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. You must have a keen interest in financial markets and experience with modern tools and methods, including processing data at large scale for analytical purposes.
* Build data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
* Defines and manage resource requirements, monitors and improve quality, and ensures best practice development
* Reviews, analyzes, and updates code, including testing, debugging and installation
* Participate in detailed design, development of methodologies, processes and standardization of tools
* Provides technical and work guidance to a team of SDEs, Consultants and/or off shore resources
* Transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
* Maintain documentation for all program development and revisions
* Build robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
* Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
* Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business partners
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field (or equivalent work experience).
* 8-10 years of IT work experience in multiple technologies and functions
* Strong computer skills including Access, Excel and SQL
* Experience with Annuity and Life Insurance Systems
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
* Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
* Ability to work in team environment and independently
* Knowledge of the principles underlying the modeling of life and annuity insurance products
* Must be able to think creatively outside of the box
* Extensive experience with performance tuning applications to maximize performance
* Experience with common SDLC, continuous delivery and agile practices
* Experience working in large-scale multi tenancy environments
Number of Openings:
sql, programming, agile methodologies, computer science, sdlc, performance tuning, microsoft excel, management, consulting, microsoft access, modeling, problem solving, testing, retail, security