Los Angeles, CA
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 74040 - Los Angeles, California, United States
If you are passionate about our company mission, we invite you to apply for the position of Business Account Manager (BAM) for our Vet Channel, based out of your home office in or around Los Angeles, CA. As a BAM for Hill's Pet Nutrition, you will assume headquarter customer management responsibilities for VCA.
The primary responsibilities for this role include customizing and implementing Hills retail environment & brand strategies to grow market share and associate brand recommendation within the customer base. The BAM develops and executes customer specific 6P (Product, Placement, Price, Promotion, POP, Protocol) plans to achieve the Hills commercial goals of net sales, share, margin while spending within gross-to-net guidelines. BAMs at this level will have a focus on larger, more complex customers based on higher net sales, higher store counts, larger geographical footprint, stronger marketplace influence, higher customer sophistication, and other customer complexities. Strong leadership is needed to engage customers at the highest level with strategic plans.
The primary responsibilities include:
* Develops, executes and monitors the 6P plans versus goal for key Hills customers at varying levels of Revenue and complexity
* Develops and maintains process/plan to analyze each customers business. Evaluates business trends, shopper insights, and learnings from post analysis of executed activities, which includes high utilization of customer consumption data.
* Develops and executes customer meetings to influence support of Hills Go-to-Market plans with each customer (minimum (1) per month)
* Develops and executes annual strategic plans and initiatives to achieve commercial goals. Engages customer on category growth expectations.
* Customizes specific shopper programs with Hills shopper marketing, leveraging Hills brand strategies to drive incremental retail sales
* Execute sales plans and resolve issues through both the customer and internal commercial teams, including Marketing, Supply Chain and Store Operations.
* Builds and maintains Colgate Business Planner to reflect baseline sales and promotion plans. Manage customer payments
* Develops category and brand solutions for each customer that will drive the Hills business.
* Collaborates with Hills Business Development Manager (BDM) & Retail Marketing team to execute the Hills retail environment and brand strategy within investment guidelines
* Drives forward actions in monthly customer planning meetings to review actuals plus plan-to-go with manager, BDM & Finance
* BS/BA degree or higher
* Minimum of 10 years of Veterinary Field Sales experience calling on veterinary hospitals and/or corporate veterinary sales experience
* Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Availability to travel about 50% of the time
* Minimum of 3 years of experience managing large key customers/headquarter customers
* Vet Industry Experience
* DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) Degree
Expected Areas of Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:
* Excellent business presentation ability and a skilled communicator
* Strong influence and negotiations skills for win-win solutions with persistence, compromise, and respect
* Adept at finding common ground, identifying vital interests, and understanding the customers underlying priorities
* Strong analytical skills to develop 6P (Product, Price, Placement, Promotion, POP, Protocol) recommendations that result in optimized consumption based on consumption data, shopper and consumer insights
* Manages ambiguity and strategize solutions for the customers business and 6P plan performance and quickly develop alternative plans as needed
* Works effectively across functions, channels, and categories to align priorities, solve problems, optimize resources, and drive effective execution
* Proficient in sales forecasting and customer planning
* Highly competitive pay
* Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment
* Retirement Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
* Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
* 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
* World-class training and development opportunities
* Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
Hills employees in this position also enjoy:
* Fully paid company vehicle
* Between 26 - 27.5% target bonus
* Company provided home office equipment, laptop, and iPad
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hills we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S� Prescription Diet� therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S� Science Diet� and HILL'S� Ideal Balance wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hills is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
analysis, analytical skills, microsoft excel, leadership, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, strategic planning, business development, finance, facebook, supply chain, presentations, hospitals, organization, science