Berkadia Commercial Mortgage - Houston, TX3.9
Full-timeEstimated: $51,000 - $74,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* High School Diploma or GED
* Master's Degree
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Office
* Organizational Skills
* Military Experience
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the clients interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Our people are our greatest strength and make Berkadia a great place to work, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration. We invest in our people through our commitment to training, product development and enhancements in technology making Berkadia a truly innovative and supportive organization.
Our Branch Office Interns assist with all aspects of the day-today office operations for our local Commercial Mortgage Banking and Investment Sales offices. They are given the opportunity to learn all the different activities and tasks associated with supporting our Mortgage Bankers and/or Investment Advisors (Brokers).
* Assist in analyzing commercial and multifamily real estate, which includes assisting in the generation of pro forma valuations, sizing appropriate loan options and Broker Opinion of Value (BOVs);
* Assist in preparing formal loan submissions for lenders, with deal processing from applications to closings and in reviewing due diligence material for real estate transactions;
* Assist with performing financial cash flow, cost report analysis;
* Assist with drafting copies of appraisals, Engineering and Phase I reports;
* Assist with ordering and reviewing Credit reports on various companies, i.e. borrowers and tenants;
* Other duties and responsibilities as needed by the business.
What the Intern will need to be successful in this role
* Strong desire to learn about Commercial Real Estate.
* Experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with tools like pivot tables, presentation animation and formatting charts preferred.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
* Outstanding attention to detail.
* Ability to manage expectations, informing stakeholders of potential delays due to conflicting priorities.
* Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
What is required for this role
* High School Diploma, GED/equivalent certification or equivalent military experience; Currently enrolled in a bachelors or masters degree program.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, microsoft outlook, writing, organization, microsoft office, microsoft excel, management, leadership, training, analysis, finance, presentations, valuation, product development