Associate - Diversity & Inclusion
Date: Jul 2, 2019
Location: New York, NY, US
Company: New York Life Insurance Co
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. Its a career journey you can be proud of, and youll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortunes Worlds Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation.It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses Be Good At Life. To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
New York Life is committed to being an employer of choice by attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We aim to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other classification, can maximize their potential. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) works to achieve this by integrating diversity considerations into our key business and people processes such as recruiting, training, career development and other retention strategies.
Reporting to the Corporate Vice President of ODI, the Associate will help execute on our strategies to build and retain a more diverse workforce at New York Life.
This position supports the Office of Diversity & Inclusion.
* Manage the companys Employee Resource Group (ERG) Program.
* Assist with design of ODIs programming and diversity campaigns.
* Prepare ad hoc diversity & inclusion reporting, analysis, and presentations.
* Perform quality checks and analyze quarterly reports of workforce statistics and recommend reporting design to produce informative reports and trend analysis. Recognize, investigate, and resolve issues and discrepancies.
* Monitor ODI and ERG budgets and prepare quarterly budget reports.
* Support ODI team as needed, including managing conference attendees and New York Life memberships to external partners, event planning, etc.
* Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years work experience
* Strong creative ability (e.g., designing visually appealing presentations & materials, event planning, etc.)
* Strong Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel proficiency, including pivot tables, charts, formulas (V look up, If statements, etc.)
* Demonstration of analytical skills, including ability to arrange and tell a story with data (with direction)
* Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations; analyze possible solutions using education and/or equivalent experience, judgment and precedents
* Strong written and oral communications skills, including ability to summarize and explain information to others
* Strong attention to detail and a commitment to meeting deadlines
* Demonstrated passion for diversity & inclusion
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Diversity, Social Media, Human Resources, Marketing
event planning, social media, event management, recruiting, human resources, career development, education, diversity & inclusion, training, microsoft excel, microsoft word, microsoft powerpoint, marketing, budgets, retail