Assistant Director, Marketing & Outreach
North Dakota State University, United States
Updated: about 11 hours ago
Location: Fargo, NORTH DAKOTA
Opening Number: 1901145
Position Title: Assistant Director, Marketing & Outreach
Position Number: TBD
Benefits Eligibility: Benefited - includes retirement plan and full coverage for family health insurance
Search by Group: Professional
Division: Finance and Administration
Position Summary Information
The purpose of this position is to provide direction, guidance and leadership to the NDSU Bookstore by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our Brand.
The NDSU Bookstore operates in a competitive, fast-paced and customer-centric retail environment, and it relies heavily on the timely and strategic use of compelling content to generate and maintain a high level of favorable awareness among its key markets (students, staff, faculty, Bison fans and alumni), drive sales, and facilitate a positive customer experience.
This position is responsible for developing original content and suggesting creative ways to attract, engage, and inform our stakeholders.
This position works both tactically and strategically with staff at all levels of the Bookstore and the NDSU campus, and will regularly interact with various external parties including suppliers, partners and customers
* Bachelors degree in Marketing, Merchandising, Public Relations, Communications, Business
* Experience with data analysis and making data driven decisions
* MS Office
* Strong computer skills, including data entry, word processing, and email
* Excellent proofing and writing skills
* Demonstrated ability and strong desire to support overall objectives of the department and store
* Ability to think creatively and respond to a rapidly changing environment
* Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines
* Ability to work cross-functionally within an organization, gain support and lead & motivate a cross functional team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills
* Excellent record of attendance and reliability in previous employment
* Three or more years experience in a retail environment
* Two or more years supervisory experience
* Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, TypeKit, AdobeStock, etc.)
* Experience managing campaigns in Google paid search and social media advertising platforms
* Web design experience and/or digital video editing experience
* Working knowledge of TYPO3 CMS
* Advanced experience in creating content for social media platforms, using social media management tools and growing a social audience
* Digital marketing experience including email and e-commerce
Screening Date: 07/17/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Search Type: Internal/External Simultaneously: Open to all applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicant must provide:
Example of how they would promote a Sidewalk Sale event on both social media platforms and in an email campaign.
Applicant must provide a sample marketing calendar (self-created) for a minimum of a 3 month period.
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. � 23-12-10.
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
Veterans Preference Notice: This position is subject to North Dakota Veterans Preference requirements.
Location (City, State): Fargo, ND
social media, digital marketing, public relations, event management, public speaking, sales, microsoft word, adobe photoshop, writing, e-commerce, social media management, campaigns, social media advertising, media management, paid search strategy