Global Supply Chain Leadership Rotational Program at Hill-Rom
Posted in Other about 13 hours ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Skaneateles Falls, New York
Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionLeadership Development Program (LDP) for Supply Chain Professionals: The goal of this two-year program is to build on the engineering education of the participants by exposing them to a well-rounded experience within Hill-Rom Corporation's Global Supply Chain (GSC) through four leadership developmental assignments. The six-month assignment objectives are at the discretion of the Hill-Rom LDP Steering Committee, and will be developed according to business needs at the time of the rotation. These assignments typically include roles in (1) Continuous Improvement (CI) or Lean Manufacturing; (2) Materials Planning / Sourcing (3) Quality Improvements or Quality Systems; and (4) Shop Operations Supervision.
Global Supply Chain LDP associates have the opportunity to drive and participate in meaningful, business-impacting projects across Hill-Rom's manufacturing operations. With mentorship from GSC executives, the LDP associates navigate through a series of fast-paced, challenging, diverse, and high-visibility assignments that teach the key functions of global manufacturing. Upon successful completion of the program, LDP associates graduate into permanent positions within the GSC organization where they can leverage their training and experiences, thus accelerating their career with the opportunity for continued advancement.
Throughout the program, the participants will attend periodic roundtables with senior company leaders in small settings to acquaint associates with key initiatives, business challenges, and corporate strategy. They will also attend leadership training classes which will build upon rotation experiences.
Could relocate to the following locations: Skaneateles Falls, NY; Batesville, IN; Acton, MA; Caledonia, MI, Charleston, SC; Chicago, IL or Cary, NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Obtain Six Sigma Greenbelt certification through company training process.
* Lead and support Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) teams to drive safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements.
* Learn, demonstrate, and apply Lean Manufacturing techniques.
* Pursue opportunities for cost reduction and profit improvement.
* May negotiate incoming material conditions, specifications, terms, and / or timing with suppliers.
* Understand the importance of medical device regulations (such as the US FDA's 21CFR820 and ISO13485 and ISO9001 standards) and their application to the Hill-Rom Quality System.
* Demonstrate and apply understanding of compliance with a regulated body.
* Ensure all work is in compliance with all State and Federal Safety and Environmental laws as well as Hill-Rom's policies.
* Prepare capital justifications, prepares purchase requisitions, and coordinate implementation of new equipment in his/her area of responsibility.
* Lead a team of direct reports to accomplish quality, cost, and delivery goals in a manufacturing setting.
* Provide periodic reports covering accomplishments and status of ongoing projects.
* Obtain other, external certification as appropriate.
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Biomedical, Mechanical, Materials, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related major.
* Technical co-op or internship experience(s).
* Minimum GPA of 3.2 or equivalent.
* Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrated Data analysis skills.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels and differing functions.
* Experience in a leadership role; guiding and directing a team towards a common goal.
* Strong motivation to drive results.
* Proven track record of impactful accomplishments.
* Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to thrive on ambiguity.
* Self-starter. Takes initiative to solve problems and to suggest proactive solutions.
* Ability to relocate periodically within the first two years of employment.
* Strong preference for experience in medical device industry.
* English language fluency in spoken and written forms.
* Second language skills desired.
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
microsoft powerpoint, supply chain, data analysis, six sigma, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, purchasing, kaizen, materials, microsoft excel, microsoft word, management, english, negotiation, industrial engineering