Internal/External Communications Manager
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
* Design and implementing companywide communications strategies that support the organization's strategy, objectives, goals, vision and values for internal and external audiences
* Partner with leadership team as a thought leader and content creator for innovative communications
* Develop new approaches to reaching all stakeholders through a planned updated website.
* Co-develop and execute a comprehensive employee communications plan working with Human Resources which enhances and drives high levels of engagement around the strategy, impact on the customer along with pay for performance connections. Ducommun's corporate strategy
* Manage brand and consistent messaging across multiple disciplines for external audiences, including public relations activities, media relations and social media efforts, corporate philanthropy, employee recruitment, marketing, advertising and other business development communications
* Oversee and assist with content creation/key messages for variety of communication vehicles such as press releases, advertising themes, articles, emails and both internal and external presentations.
* Support chief human resources officer in developing and executing a companywide communications plan for key compliance initiatives and priorities, especially around customers, safety and ethics.
* In coordination with human resources, develop and executing social media plan
* Manage external consultants and other service providers, including writers, graphic designers, printers, web developers
* Assist team with trade show development
* Travel as required
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. This will be the only role for communication so the individual also needs to be comfortable with a high workload. . The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities if required:
* Experience in internal and external communications for corporate companies, PR firms, etc. for a regionally dispersed workforce and clients (preferably 15 years of experience)
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Full command and real world experience of corporate communications concepts and projects as well as experience in the strategy and execution of employee engagement activities, media relations, public relations and crisis communications
* Team player, who is dedicated , customer focused and completes projects and tasks on time
* Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship-building and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of key business partners/stakeholders including senior management
* Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale complex project management initiatives with high attention to detail and accuracy; while multitasking and meeting deadlines despite competing priorities
* Relies on extensive experience, leveraging resources and seasoned judgment to accomplish goals
* Assist in building awareness of the Ducommun brand, the value of the company provides and its history.
* Ability to credibly challenge solutions and reporting to risk owners and ensure that timely escalation of issues and concerns occurs as and when appropriate
* Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related discipline, Master's preferred.
* Ability to manage numerous projects and meet deadlines.
* Experience in A&D or technical products.
* Team orientated with a continuous improvement outlook
* HR exposure and background
public relations, social media, corporate communications, media relations, internal communications, strategic communications, press releases, crisis communications, advertising, journalism, web content, marketing, project management, leadership, microsoft word