Marketing and Public Relations Intern
TrizCom Public Relations - Dallas, TX
Internship$10 an hour
* Media Relations
* Archives Management
* AP Style
Job Title: Public Relations Intern
Salary Range: $10.00 per hour. School credit is available.
Position Summary: TrizCom PR is seeking Fall 2019 Public Relations Interns who are excited to apply their academic knowledge to real-world writing, media relations, marketing and promotions scenarios.
Duties may include writing PR materials, but not limited to:
* Press release
* Website copy
* Blog copy
* Managing PR archives and photo resources
* Preparing media kits
* Planning special events or promotions
* Media pitching
* Working with account managers to improve communication efforts
* Interacting with outside vendors and members of the media
* Assisting with social media outreach efforts with possible opportunities for filming, interviewing and editing video
* and, collecting research and assisting TrizCom PRs overall marketing and public relations.
Minimum Job Requirements: This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, proof-reading and skills, working knowledge of AP style, the ability to work to deadlines and effectively multi-task. Junior or Senior applicants pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing or another related field strongly preferred. No direct supervisory role and reports to account managers and other TrizCom PR staff.
Working Conditions: This position requires 20 hours a week and max 40 hours (depending on role assigned). The intern will be provided with all tools to necessary to complete job requirements. The majority if the position duties will be completed in the office, with extended periods of sitting. A small portion of the job may require driving to transport supplied to events or attend off-site meetings.
* Office Hours: Monday-Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
* Length and period of internship will depend on each interns individual goals, with internships available beginning anywhere from one month to a year.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and a mock press release announcing your internship with TrizCom PR.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $10.00 /hour
* Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
* United States (Required)
* College Credit
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
* Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
* Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
social media, public relations, editing, event management, media relations, writing, journalism, ap style, proofreading, social media outreach, special events, media outreach, press release development, written and verbal communication, pr