Supply Chain Intern
Generac Power Systems in Waukesha, WI, USA
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
Awesome people, Great benefits, Growing company with job advancement!
*The formal name for this job is Strategic Global Sourcing Intern
Generac Power Systems - Join the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Office in Waukesha, WI is seeking a Supply Chain Intern for our SGS team!
As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience in various supply chain functions while networking within a dynamic, people focused environment. The position will interact with various suppliers, internal customers, and analysts on a daily basis while improving processes and execution across a growing, global organization.
You are responsible for a number of diverse functions within the organization. While upholding a primary focus on sourcing, supplier management, and supplier development, the group is responsible for maintaining an agile and aggressive supply base while procuring high quality goods at a fair and competitive price.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Duties and Responsibilities are driven by current organizational and business needs. Assignments could include one or more projects within the following areas:
* Analysis of organizational spend;
* Collection of Market Intelligence Data;
* Development of comprehensive request for proposals, analysis and reporting of benchmarking information;
* Participation in weekly and monthly organizational meetings;
* Preparation and organization of power point presentations;
* Review and development of process documentation as advised by cross-functional teams;
* Record and audit reported savings and total cost of ownership;
* Help obtain/process record retention documents;
* Aid in material management escalations;
* Aid in Supplier Strategy Development;
* Development of Supplier Directory and other compliance/analyst related responsibilities;
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimal Qualifications: Enrolled in Business, Operations and Supply Chain or related degree program
About Generac Power Systems:
Founded in 1959 by Robert Kern, Generac has grown into a truly global company. Publicly held since 2010 (NYSE: GNRC), Generacs Powering Ahead Strategy has led the company to countless product innovations and acquisitions, including its biggest purchase to date a majority interest in Pramac, a leading global manufacturer. Now with multiple locations around the world, Generac looks forward to continuing its proud history as an innovator and manufacturer of generators and engine-powered tools.
Posted date: 11 hours ago
microsoft word, supply chain, analysis, purchasing, cross-functional team leadership, supply management, materials management, organization, global sourcing, supply chain operations, supplier development, supplies, strategy, presentations, auditing