IT Advisory Services Intern - Summer
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 37th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine. Weaver employs more than 700 people in nine offices from coast to coast. The firm has Texas offices in Austin, Conroe, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Midland and San Antonio, as well as offices in Los Angeles and New York City.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in the financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate and health care industries, as well as the public sector. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at www.weaver.com.
An Information Technology (IT) audit from Weaver focuses on the technology risks which pose the greatest threat to our clients critical objectives, and delivers comprehensive, actionable recommendations for areas of improvement. IT audits can be performed in conjunction with a financial statement audit, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, internal audit review, Service Organization Controls (SOC1) or other attestation engagement. Assessing the critical systems, technology, architecture and processes surrounding their Information Technology (IT) assets ensures that they are reliable, available and compliantboth with their organizations needs and with applicable laws and regulations.
The IT Advisory Intern is responsible for assisting with the execution of various engagement objectives within assigned areas. This is a full-time internship available in our Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assumes responsibility for areas of the engagements assigned under the supervision of more experienced staff
* Works closely with Senior Associates and Managers to identify and resolve issues encountered in executing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication
* Maintains appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions
* Communicates engagement and scheduling issues to supervisors on a timely basis
* Working towards a Bachelors degree in MIS with a concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred but not required
* An Accounting, Business or Finance-related Masters degree is a plus
* CISA or CISA candidate, CIA or CIA candidate, and/or CPA or CPA candidate
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills
* Proficient at Microsoft Office product suite
* Has the goal to progress professionally by working toward passing the CPA, CISA, CIA or other pertinent examinations
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
information technology, architecture, mis, microsoft office, communication, consulting, accounting, organization, finance, start-ups, it audit, manufacturing, healthcare, sarbanes-oxley, internal audit