Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
The purpose of this position is to assist the Human Resources department with assignments specific to Human Resources Benefits Kiosk.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduates career goals through interaction with Human Resources and IT professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for the Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This Internship provides structured learning experiences where interns and our Human Resource professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows student to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo New River Valley Plant.
Assignment will began August 2019 and continue through December 2019 working up to 30 hours/week.
* Creative assignments to support local and global business objectives
* Active participation in Human Resources collaborations to facilitate the kiosk implementation
* Assist HR Business Partners in implementation of internal process updates onto a Kiosk
* Participate in training and development to support project team deliverables
* Learn the processes, ways of working, and environment involved implementation of produce projects for a global company
Essential Skills & Experience
* Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
* Communication: listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
* Flexibility: performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
* Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
* Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
Minimum Education and Experience
* Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Science, or similar field of study, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
* Student must have minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
* Customer Focus
* Technical Skills
* Peer Relationships
* Integrity and Trust
* Standing Alone
* Action Oriented
* Time Management
* Availability for light travel
Intern: HR Kiosk Implementation - Computer Science (Fall 2019)
The Volvo Group is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Groups engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify
computer science, time management, manufacturing, presentations, human resources, writing, it, sql, python, visual basic, programming, integration, mac os, linux, java