MBA Internship IT Program
true 0 external false false true false 12519803 MBA Internship IT Program FedEx 987443 0 Collierville, Tennessee
The application opened in a new tab.
July 2, 2019
Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: MBA Internship IT Program
Job Requisition Number: RC114918
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
FedEx IT Scholars Program
FedEx, in collaboration with the University of Memphis has developed an all-inclusive FedEx Scholars program. This program allows students the opportunity to obtain their MBA from the Fogelman College of Business and Economics at the University of Memphis while working directly at FedEx. Upon graduation, the MBA degree-holders will have industry-related education and knowledge of the company processes.
During the program, students will complete the traditional MBA courses, but will also be involved in team projects and case studies tailored specifically to FedEx. The students will work part-time throughout areas of FedEx IT (full-time during summer internships.) Rotations will allow students to develop an understanding of various areas of interest.
We believe that this offers an unparalleled opportunity for students to gain practical work experience at a world-class company while also receiving a customized curriculum through a world-class university ... a winning combination.
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct Supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of Organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
Program Job Information:
* This is a TEMPORARY job assignment for students enrolled in a Customer Driven MBA program.
* Under direct supervision, the position rotates through areas in IT assigned to specific projects. The rotation consists of five (5) project rotations.
* During the 16 month period, students work 10 hours weekly during the Fall and Spring semesters while attending classes and 40 hours weekly during the summer months between years one and two.
* Recruitment for new scholars begins in the Spring of each year and the program starts in the Fall (September) of each year.
* NOTE: Current FedEx employees are not eligible to apply for these positions.
Program Participation / Eligibility Criteria:
* Candidates selected for participation in the IT Scholars program must meet the following criteria:
* Must remain in good academic standing and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher throughout the duration of the four semester program.
* Must apply for and be granted admission into the University of Memphis Customer Driven MBA Program by applying through the University's formal application process at customerdrivenmba.memphis.edu.
* Must also apply for the IT Scholars position through this external career site (FedEx.com) and be selected through a formal interview process.
* Must successfully pass pre-employment background check and drug screen process.
* Must have a GMAT score of about 600 or higher (or GRE equivalent). If no GMAT score, must have an existing Master's degree in a non-MBA program.
* Must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
* Must have 2 1/2 years of full-time professional related IT experience.
Bachelor's Degree required. Must be enrolled in a customer focused MBA program. Good communication skills and strong organizational skills.Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in business, business analytics, management, finance, economics, information security/science/technology, information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics, or other related major.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
* FORTUNE "World's Most Admired Companies" 2016
* Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" 2016
* InformationWeek "Elite 100" 2016
* Women's Business Enterprise National Council "America's Top Corporations for Women's Business Enterprises" - 2016
* Reputation Institute "World's Most Reputable Companies" 2015
* Black Enterprise "40 Best Companies For Diversity" 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click 'Apply' and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.
Internal Number: POSTING-3-99225-en-us
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
FedEx Services began operations in June 2000 to provide information technology, sales, and marketing support for FedEx Corp. subsidiaries FedEx Express and FedEx Ground. The same functions for FedEx Freight and FedEx Office were later aligned with FedEx Services. In 2013, FedEx Services launched FedEx Delivery Manager�, an innovative option that provides U.S. customers with a range of flexible options to schedule dates, locations and times of delivery. Customers can also actively track and manage deliveries en route to or from their home, without a tracking number or even a FedEx account. Today some 12,500 FedEx Services team members coordinate sales, marketing, communications, information technology, and customer service support for the global FedEx brand.
More Jobs from This Employer
BACK TO TOP
business analysis, information technology, analytics, communication, computer science, statistics, information systems, economics, innovation, customer service, microsoft word, sales, information security, finance, recruiting