IT Specialist Intern - Local Candidates Only
DiSTI in Orlando, FL, USA
Since 1994, DiSTI has been the leading provider of graphical interaction technology used to empower the latest in Human Machine Interface (HMI) development and training. DiSTI pioneered the expansion of this HMI technology into virtual maintenance training to become the industry leader in virtual surrogate development. We combine advanced graphical user interface technology with strategic innovations to bring customers in any industry the high fidelity and high performance graphical computing solutions they demand. From safety critical embedded applications to rapid prototyping of cockpits and dashboard instruments, we offer a streamlined approach to develop any visual interaction application. We are located within a mile of the UCF campus.
We are currently seeking an IT Specialist Intern to assist with the day to day operations of the IT department. This is a co-op position that may continue for multiple semesters.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements
* Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives.
* Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components, and office applications.
* Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet user requirements.
* Currently enrolled in a degree program in information technology or computer science.
* This is a hands on position that includes pulling cables, working in tight spaces such as under desks, and the lifting and carrying of 50 lbs.
* Frequently communicates with team members, etc.
* Travel may be required
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posted date: yesterday
information technology, operating systems, hardware, computer science, user interface design, software, leadership, training, printers, maya, rapid prototyping, innovation, computing, it, applications