Marketing Intern (Tech Writing
San Diego, CA
We are hiring a marketing intern who will work on cross-departmental projects, including researching and writing FAQs. It is a paid internship. Possible to convert to a full-time in the future, depending on the performance.
Whova provides all-in-one event management solutions including a mobile event app to support conferences, expos, and network events. Whova is a fast-growing software company with brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, Harvard, HP, LOreal, Hilton, LEGO, HP, Adidas, Godiva, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc.
We are proud to receive the San Diego Business Journals Best Places to Work in San Diego award in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, four years in a row.
Necessary Skills and Experience
* Strong self-learning and self-exploration capability especially with software
* Ability to explain how to use technology in easy to understand words and concepts.
* Ability to proactively communicate with multiple departments to gather information and feedback
* Ability to think from new users' point of view
* Willing to take tedious tasks and complete them with a strong work ethic
* Strong attention to detail and a high desire for perfection
* At least 1 year of off-campus working experience (e.g., tech support, tech writing, user testing)
How You will Make an Impact
* Collect frequently asked technical questions by interacting with multiple departments
* Explore the products to find the answers and write accurate and easy-to-follow FAQs
* Write training contents for a sales team
* Help on other marketing projects, including various types of research, content writing, and designing
What You will Gain
* Hourly compensation
* Various experiences in marketing, communication, and collaboration at a fast-growing software company
* Possible to be full-time in the future, depending on the internship performance
How to Apply?**
Please include your resume, cover letter, and samples demonstrating your technical writing
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
* off-campus working: 1 year (Preferred)
* San Diego, CA 92126 (Required)
web content, content writing, research, microsoft word, marketing, communication, technical writing, sales, event management, training, brand development, journals, blogging, editing, writing