Non-profit Accounting and Finance Intern- SUMMER
Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth - Morristown, NJ
19 hours agoInternshipEstimated: $22,000 - $30,000 a year
* Time Management
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Outlook
The Accounting and Finance Intern will work as part of a small, dynamic team dedicated to fiscal transparency and responsibility. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking for really hands-on financial experience in a non-profit setting.
This is not an internship that fetches coffee. We are committed to mentoring our interns and giving them a wide breadth of experience. You will being doing actual financial work, and given the context to understand how the work you do with us relates to future work you may want to do in the future.
The Intern will work 15 hours a week, days/times flexible. The internship pays a stipend of $2,000 for the summer.
* Assist in the day-to-day activities of department, including but not limited to,
* bank reconciliations
* voucher processing
* Accounts Payable transactions
* Accounts Receivable transactions
* Reliable, organized and punctual.
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person, via email or over the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand.
* Excellent organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
* Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Ability to understand the non-profit industry and understand the mission of the organization.
* Willingness to learn new skills.
Reasoning Skills Required
* Ability to recognize challenges, ask questions, offer solutions and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to work within general guidelines with minimal supervision.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations.
* Ability to recognize the need for confidentiality of information and to maintain such confidences.
* College student
* Accounting or Finance major preferred
Job Type: Internship
* Time Management: 1 year (Preferred)
* Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
* Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
* Microsoft Outlook: 1 year (Preferred)
* Other forms
* One location
microsoft word, finance, accounting, time management, communication, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation, accounts payable & receivable, microsoft excel, microsoft outlook, organization, mentoring, flexibility, reliability