2019-2020 Yearlong Internship-Engineering (Ridershi
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
You might be thinking, "What opportunities does CTA have for students with my degree and credentials?"
You may be surprised to learn that we hire interns with a diverse skill set and a multitude of majors. In fact, we hire students in good academic standing with a variety of degrees that you may not have expected and want to consider you for available opportunities!
Interns at CTA work in a range of departments including: * Administration Departments ranging from Diversity/EEO, Human Resources, Training and Workforce Development, Purchasing and more
* Board and President's Office
* Legislative Affairs and Government and Community Relations
* Safety and Security
* Transit Operations
Our internships are project-based and therefore the skills that we seek vary based on the needs of the projects during each term. All majors are welcome to apply, but please see education experience/requirements for specifics about what disciplines each internship project is seeking.
Internships are part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
In this Engineering unit role, interns will:
* Monitor ridership demands and accommodate the new 7000 series rail car fleet. The Infrastructure department is building two new substations and a tie house along the O'Hare branch of the Blue Line. The addition of these new facilities will ensure the CTA can continue to deliver quality, affordable transit services that link people, jobs and communities.
Educational Experience/ Requirements:
* Minimum Level of Education: Undergraduate Freshman
* Preferred Major(s): Electrical Engineering
* The demands associated with the normal office environment
* Light physical activity, including walking outdoors and climbing stairs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong Excel and Word skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good analytical and critical thinking skills
* Good organizational skills with attention to detail
* Good project management skills
* SharePoint development skills a plus.
Final salary will be determined in part by the qualifications of the selected candidate and may be higher or lower than target.
Applicants, if hired,must comply with CTA's residency ordinance.
CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact (see application details) prior to the submission of your application or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.
electrical engineering, substation, microsoft excel, microsoft word, project management, leadership, training, critical thinking, organization, microsoft sharepoint, security, finance, purchasing, electricity, human resources