Human Resources and Volunteer Coordinator
Covenant House Florida - Orlando, FL
Full-timeEstimated: $29,000 - $41,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Management Experience
* Volunteer Management
* Human Resources
* Flexible Spending Account
* Dental Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Health Insurance
* Health Savings Account
COVENANT HOUSE FLORIDA ORLANDO
HUMAN RESOURCES AND VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Covenant House Florida (CHF) is a nonprofit organization that serves at-risk homeless and trafficked youth living on the streets of Florida; the Orlando campus (established in 1995) serves youth from Orange, Seminole, and Osceola counties.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: This position is responsible to plan and provide appropriate strategies to recruit and retain paid and voluntary staff in order to meet the Mission of serving our youth. This position will provide oversight of all aspects of Human Resources including recruiting, screening, hiring, training and retaining staff and volunteers in Orlando, as well as to assist with the enrollment and administration of benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree required. Must have demonstrated understanding and ability to teach CH Mission & Principles. Other requirements include ability to work independently, strong organizational and communication skills, strong problem solving skills, and the capability to maintain sensitive documentation for employees and applicants. Must be able to effectively interact with multi-disciplinary staff, and with all levels of the organization. Desired qualities include knowledge of employment law, practices and procedures, interviewing skills, and knowledge of effective volunteer management practices.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources in Fort Lauderdale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop recruiting efforts to acquire new CHF employees and volunteers, including posting vacancies online, attending job fairs, and maintaining relationships with college and university career placement offices. Responsible to screen, interview, volunteers and employees to ensure candidates meet the requirements of the position. Refer appropriate candidates to managers to interview so that collaboration between human resources takes place throughout the hiring process.
* Provide administrative support within the Human Resources Department by completing new hire paperwork for employees and volunteers, including verification of credentials, signed job descriptions, conducting background screenings, and reference checks.
* Assist the Director of Human Resources with the administration of all facets of employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, EAP counseling, and other supplemental benefits. Assist with planning and coordinating open enrollment. Responsible to coordinate CHFs health and wellness initiatives by providing goals and direction to the Champion Wellness team in Orlando.
* Maintain accurate personnel and volunteer records, including files and updating database management systems. Assist with preparing for audits and grant monitoring by ensuring that documentation in personnel files is in compliance with licensing standards and governmental regulations.
* Coordinate training sessions, make reservations, publish memos and announcements, and maintain database for employee training hours. Assist in the provision and coordination of staff orientation to ensure that new employees fully grasp the CH Mission and Philosophy of care.
* Serve as the check and balance function to ensure that CHF volunteers and staff members are treated in accordance with the Mission and Principles of the agency. This may include conducting investigations and implementing appropriate disciplinary actions up to and including possible termination of employment, as directed by the Human Resources Director.
* Identify opportunities to enhance the CHF work environment and culture. Plan, organize, and implement staff and volunteer events to ensure appropriate recognition and retention.
Job Type: Full-time
* volunteer management: 1 year (Preferred)
* Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
* Interviewing: 1 year (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Florida Drivers (Required)
* Paid time off
* Health insurance
* Dental insurance
* Retirement benefits or accounts
* Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
human resources, recruiting, interviewing, communication, employee benefits, employee training, benefits administration, organization, screening, job descriptions, problem solving, employment law, career development, job fairs, reference checking