HR Job Title
Environmental Scientist 1
Arcadis is seeking an entry-level Environmental Scientist/ Planner to join our creative team in our Fair Lawn, NJ or Long Island City, NY office.
The entry-level Environmental Scientist / Planner will conduct environmental research; prepare technical reports; evaluate potential impacts of infrastructure (water, wastewater, transportation, energy) and other projects; devise mitigating measures. The duties will include working on a wide variety of environmental documentation for projects including identification, preparation, and acquisition of federal, state, and local permits. Some of these projects would include regulatory compliance with New York City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR), the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), N.J. Executive Order (E.O.) 215, and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). Working under the supervision of a Senior Scientist or Environmental Planner and supporting other Environmental Management teams, including coordination with environmental specialists, this position will be responsible for, among other tasks, research and involvement in the preparation of planning studies, environmental compliance documentation (including Environmental Assessment Statements (EAS), Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) in accordance with CEQR, SEQRA, E.O. 215, and NEPA), other reports and permit applications.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to: -
* Collection of natural resource and other data in the field
* Preparation of environmental review documentation
* Research applicable regulations and permitting requirements
* Assist clients with administration of environmental review processes
* Support identification, screening, and preparation of permit applications
* Attendance at and participation in stakeholder and public meetings and hearings
* Technical report writing and production
* Coordination with clients and other project team members
* Assist in the preparation of applications for permits and approvals from federal, state, and local agencies and departments
Special considerations, specific technical experience, skills, etc. include:
* Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
* Excellent analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Self-motivated and highly organized
* Demonstrated superior ability in collaborative problem solving with others
* Formwork products with direction from others to meet specific desired objectives
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently
* Team oriented with strong capability to work with others
* 0-2 years of relevant work experience
* Education Required: Bachelors in Environmental Studies/Science, Urban Planning, Environmental Policy, or related field
NJ, Fair Lawn, NY, Long Island City
Junior Environmental Scientist
* Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations and permitting requirements, including the United States Army Corps of Engineers, New York State Department of Environmental Protection, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act and other compliance regulations
* Working knowledge of NEPA, SEQRA, CEQR and N.J. E.O. 215 a plus
* Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and analysis
* 40 hour Hazwoper certification
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid drivers license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the worlds most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industrys foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the worlds most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
Are you interested in being considered for this position? Let us know!
Our online application is currently unavailable as we transition to a new system. Send an email to the Arcadis Recruiting team at Recruiting.ANA@Arcadis.com to notify them of your interest. Please attach your resume to the email and include the requisition number located at the top of the job posting. We will respond with a link to formally apply and be considered for the position the week of July 15, 2019 when our new system is available.
environmental compliance, environmental impact assessment, environmental consulting, water management, environmental policy, geographic information systems (gis), natural resource management, nepa, hazwoper, environmental planning, environmental remediation, mitigation, endangered species, environmental management, environmental services