Senior Engineer - Standards and Protection
Computer Enterprises, Inc. (CEI) Allentown, PA
Posted 17 days ago
$60.00 - $75.00/Hour
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Perform engineering technical reviews of standard protection and control drawings, logic diagrams, documents, and relay files to ensure material is up to date.
* Provide technical support to the organization. Work includes all appropriate calculations and documentation.
* Contribute as a technical consultant for interpretations on various codes, regulations and recommended practices, including but not limited to IEEE, NEC, ANSI, NERC, PJM, and applicable company manuals/procedures.
* Keep standard P&C drawings, logic diagrams, standard bill of material (BOM) items, design intent document, protection documents, and standard relay files up to date.
* Pre-test in the lab new or updated standard logic.
* Support the Department training program.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Minimum 8-years experience in electric systems, including protection settings, control design, and understanding of SCADA systems.
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Knowledge of NERC CIP compliance standards.
* Ability to read and properly interpret engineering drawings.
* Professional Engineer (PE) license (or equivalent) - preferred
* Technical / Professional Leader
* Carry out delegated work with minimum supervision.
* Quickly learn what resources are available within the organization and effectively utilizes them.
* Demonstrate ability to use computer systems and tools required for the position.
* Effectively develop technical plans and create (as needed) control schematics, wiring diagrams, front view drawings, and protection logic diagrams for a new or updated standard.
* Understand the technical concepts behind protection and control.
* Prepare equipment specifications, bid evaluations, engineering instructions, or standard documentation.
* Assist/mentor other engineers during projects or special assignments.
* Communication / Interpersonal Skills
* Interface/communicate effectively with management, employees, contractors, and customers.
* Prepare/present written and/or oral reports on assigned projects or initiatives.
* Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
* Ability to manage engineering contractors.
* Decision Making and Judgment
* Able to prioritize work to ensure timely completion of assignments.
* Demonstrate ability to logically solve problems on a timely manner.
* Demonstrate ability to research and interpret data.
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this Job.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Computer Enterprises, Inc. (CEI)
CEI is a nationally recognized CMMi level 5 IT Consulting company, Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. For over 20 years, CEI has provided IT Consulting, Custom Software Development, and Managed Services. CEI has offices and delivery operations across the United States as well as an offshore delivery center in Chennai, India. CEI works with clients ranging from the Fortune 50 to smaller regional firms in multiple verticals. The company has been named three times consecutively to both the Inc. 500 list of Americas fastest growing private companies and the Smart 100 list of Americas most innovative IT service providers and is a four-time Pittsburgh Technology Council Technology 50 honoree. CEI prides itself on staying ahead of the technology innovation curve and is an active partner to some of the markets best technology innovators.
* Allentown, PA 18101
construction, gas, electrical engineering, electricity, leadership, energy management, research, training, contractors, coding, calculations, communication, technical support, specifications, protection