Edgenuity - Scottsdale, AZ3.2
6 hours agoFull-timeEstimated: $33,000 - $46,000 a year
* Associate's Degree
* Bachelor's Degree
* Time Management
* Driver's License
* Microsoft Word
* Health Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Disability Insurance
* Life Insurance
Looking for an industry change or to jump start your career in events? Edgenuity is looking for an Events Specialist to join the events team to help collaborate and head up different types of events.
As the Events Specialist you will be responsible for communicating with and supporting our sales team for over 300 conferences and sponsorship we participate in throughout the year. If you are someone who is organized, a go-getter, team player, and great at multi-tasking this job is a great fit for you. Wed love for you to join our team!
Imagine a world where all K-12 children have an equal opportunity to acquire an excellent education. That's the Edgenuity mission. Founded in 1998, today Edgenuity partners with schools in all 50 states to provide award-winning curriculum to millions of students across 3500 school districts, and were growing! As the leading provider of digital curriculum and instructional services, Edgenuity empowers students, educators and school districts to achieve success in a variety of online and blended learning models.
A Day in the Life as an Events Specialist
The Events Specialist will work in conjunction with the Events Coordinator in the logistical planning and execution of sales and professional development meetings, special events, participation in regional and/or national conferences, user groups, executive forums, customer presentations and other company-sponsored events.
Act as point person for the sales team for conference, sponsorship, membership and partnership sign ups and management. Ensure timely registrations, payments, booth needs are ordered. Reconcile credit card used for conference payments and purchases. Supports the sales and marketing teams needs along with other areas of the company upon request.
* Associates degree with major coursework in Event Planning, Communications, Marketing or related field, required; Bachelors degree preferred.
* 1-3 years work experience in marketing and/or event planning.
* Proficient at event planning and creative execution.
* Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
* Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, detail-oriented, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
* Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team oriented environment.
* Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel (up to 25%); overnight travel is expected. A Current/Valid Motor Vehicle Driver License in your state of residence and clear DMV record.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
We offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits choices, including 10 health, 6 dental, and 4 vision plans to choose from and a variety of ancillary benefits. We contribute to an employees HSA account and 401(k), provide at no cost to employees; life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability. But even more importantly, were a great place to work!
sales, marketing, event planning, event management, time management, sponsorship, special events, creativity, travel, microsoft office, microsoft excel, microsoft word, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft outlook, organization