Fall 2019 Events Management and Fundraising Intern
Powered by Professionals - New York, NY
12 hours agoInternship
* Events Management
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Powerpoint
Who We Are
Powered by Professionals (PBP) is a leading fundraising consulting and event management firm that works exclusively with nonprofits hosting major events and galas. Our mission is to make the world a better place by connecting individuals, families and corporations to volunteer opportunities that have meaning to them or by assisting them in creating and managing their own charitable organization. We are currently seeking an intern who will assist our Event Coordinators and Event Managers with many aspects leading up to and on the day of the events during Fall 2019. We have a dozen events we are planning over the next several months.
As an intern, you will become part of the close-knit PBP team a group of energetic individuals focused on making the world a better place. You will take part in the day-to-day details of fundraising for several charities, assist in managing aspects of several large fundraising events, and help coordinate pieces of each event on-site while working closely with the marketing and events teams.
We are looking for enthusiastic college students in the NYC area who are self-motivated and interested in helping non-profit organizations succeed. The candidates should have strong written and oral communication skills, be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, and have completed two years of college classes. They must also value the importance of giving back to the community and have a strong interest in fundraising and event management. We are looking for interns to commit 2-3 days a week to work out of our office in Midtown Manhattan from September 2019-December 2019.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Conducting outreach for auction donations and in-kind donations, coordinating delivery and tracking auction details.
* Recruiting, training, and managing event volunteers, and acting as event point-person on-site.
* Working with event participants to assist them with fundraising and outreach.
* Sourcing and securing reliable vendors that are budget-conscious.
* Creating content and managing social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to gain exposure.
* Utilizing our databases to update contacts, create webpages for our upcoming events, send out email blasts, and track event financials and client expenses.
Job Requirements Include:
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills as you will be interacting with clients.
* Personable and flexible with last minute assignments.
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, and stay calm under pressure.
* Completion of two years of college credit.
* Knowledge of database systems (Salesforce) is strongly preferred but not required.
Hours: Interns are in our Midtown office at 1460 Broadway (41st Street) from 9:30am - 5:30pm.
* Minimum of 2 days per week (with up to 3-4 days), Monday-Friday schedule.
* Available to work additional hours on event days which include a few evenings throughout Fall 2019.
Payment: We offer a daily stipend (dependent on experience) and/or college credit.
* Please note that although this is an internship, we do evaluate your commitment and success on the job which has led to full-time employment in some cases.
All intern applicants should submit both a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should include details about yourself, why you are interested in this internship, how you feel our company will benefit from your assistance, and your availability from September 2019-December 2019. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Internships have the potential to be extended.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
* Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
* Event Planning, Event Management: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
* College Credit
social media, event management, event planning, fundraising, facebook, charities, instagram, microsoft office, microsoft excel, marketing, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, training, recruiting, organization